Chapter Five

I woke up at around noon since I haven't had a decent bed to sleep on in forever. I knew that Sam and Dean were already up so I couldn't leave right away, so I made my to the kitchen where I found Dean. This was a bit awkward since I was more comfortable with Sam, but Dean tried his best to make conversation.

"Um hey, how'd you sleep?" Dean said as I made my way over to a table.

"Good as you can probably tell by how long I slept in. I haven't slept on a bed like that in forever, it's usually just the backseat of my car or a cheap motel mattress" I replied with a laugh at the end trying to lighten the situation. This actually seemed to make him even sadder knowing that this was my life. Just then Sam walked in and smiled at me.

"Hey, want anything to eat?" Sam asked trying to be as normal as possible.

"No I'm good thanks," I said and lowered my eyes from his. Sam then gave Dean a look, and I guess that was some type of code since Dean just left.

"Listen I appreciate the bed and offer of food and everything, but I want you to know I'm not the type of girl who just collapses on the floor and waits for someone to hold her. I've just been through a lot lately and I don't know what happened and I'm sorry you had to see me like that," I said while Sam sat down with me.

"Laura we are family you don't have to apologize..." Sam started but I cut him off.

"No Sam we aren't family, we're blood, there's a difference," I interrupted. Sam kind of recoiled at this stamens so I added," Look I'm not trying to be a bitch or anything, but we just met and my mothers dying wish was to stay away from you. Please just imagine what this must be like for me."

"I get it I do, but Dean and I just want to get to know you, that's all. Please just let us do that before you leave," Sam replied. And against every instinct I had, I agreed to get to know my brothers. I was beyond curious to know why I had to stay away from them, and if some of the awesome stories that I've heard from other hunters were true. I can't say I was extremely comfortable with them, especially Dean, but I wanted to give them a chance, but dam I should have listened to my mom and gotten the hell out of there.