Chapter Twenty-Two

Laura's POV

I woke up in my room to a moment of piece, before the realization of what Mary had said set in. I started hyperventilating and tears were streaming down my face. How was I so stupid to think that Sam and Dean put me in danger when I had been the one putting them in danger all along? It was getting harder and harder to breathe when Dean walked into my room.

"Hey hey hey, calm down Laura. I need you to breathe ok?" Dean said rushing up to me and grabbing my shoulders.

"Dean, I'm so sorry," I said crying even more.

"What are you sorry about? Lucifer coming after us is nothing new, remember?" Dean said trying to make light of the situation.

"He's going to try and kill you, and that's on me. I should go, that way he can't find you," I said getting up and grabbing a bag.

"Laura I swear to god every five minutes you are trying to leave, that's not family. We stand by each other through everything. And if you even think about leaving, I'll lock you up in our dungeon," Dean said.

"Fine, but if I stay you have to talk to Jo," I said smiling at the end.

"God dammit the devil is after us and you are still trying to play matchmaker," Dean said laughing.

"Till the end Dean, till the end," I said walking out of the room. As we exited I saw Cas had joined everyone in the middle of the bunker.

"Cas!" I said running towards him and hugging him.

"Hello Laura," he said patting me on the back.

"I'm so happy you're ok!" I said pulling back from the hug.

"As am I. Are you ok to be here as we talk about Lucifer?" Cas asked a bit concerned.

"I'm fine. Have you guys found anything on where he might be or how we beat him?" I asked leaning forward on the table.

"Not yet, but we really don't know where to start," Sam said running his hands through his hair.

"Lets start with me. If he is looking for me as bait, then the quickest way to find him is for me to draw him out," I said trying to keep my voice from cracking.

"First of all hell no. And second of all, we don't even know how to stop him when you do draw him out," Jo said grabbing a lore book," Right now we need to research how to either kill him or put him back in the cage."

"Jo, you're right, but the only way we know to how to do that is with Rowena and Crowley's help," Dean said walking behind Jo.

"Then call them," Jo said sternly.

"No, I don't trust Rowena or Crowley. Especially after what happened the last time we saw him," Dean said fully turning towards Jo now.

"God dammit Dean we need to figure this out before-" Jo started but drifted off at the end of her sentence.

"Before he finds me," I finished her sentence.

"We can do this, we just need a plan," Mary said starting up the conversation again.

"Ok, what if we just use Rowena to cast her spell without Crowley?" Jo asked.

"No. I don't trust her and we need Crowley for the access to hell," Dean said shooting down another idea.

"WELL THEN WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT TO DO DEAN?" Jo yelled frustrated.

"Stop. Calm down, everyone. If we fight, we won't get anywhere," Sam said trying to calm everyone down.

"What about heaven?" Cas said speaking up for the first time in a while.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked confused.

"I mean what if I somehow get Lucifer incapacitated and lock him up in heaven? We have the most secure prison that even he can't escape from," Cas said simply.

"Yes, that'll work," I said smiling at the plan. Before anyone had anytime to object there was a loud knock at the door. Dean and Jo went up to see what it was and when they opened the door, it was a simple note that read,"Give me Laura by midnight tomorrow, or I will kill Jo faster than I resurrected her. Kisses, Lucifer"

Dean looked over at Jo and you could see the pure terror in Jo's face, as well as the anger in Dean's. But nothing was more prevalent than my sheer nausea at the letter. Seeing as I couldn't very well watch my friends die because of me, I had to walk right back into Lucifer's hands.