Chapter Twenty

Laura's POV

Jo and I pulled up to the abandoned barn that Sam and Dean had texted us, they said that this is where they thought the vamps were. We walked in, to see Sam and Dean tied to chairs and with tape over their mouths. Jo rushed over to untie Dean while I went to Sam.

I ripped off his tape and said," The hell happened to you two?"

"No time, TURN AROUND," Sam yelled panicked as his eyes began to bulge out of his face. I turned around just to be tackled by a vamp. I reached for my machete, but the vamp had already pinned my arms down, and began to bite my neck, and I let out a deafening scream. Jo then swooped in and tackled the vampire. It then began to pin her down, but before he could bite her, I cut off its head spraying blood all over Jo.

"Thanks," Jo said wiping some of the blood off.

"Anytime," I said going back over to Sam and I untied him, while Jo finished with Dean.

"Was that the only vampire or is this a nest?" Jo asked as Dean stood up.

"From what I can tell this was the last of this nest, we took out some vampires in this same area about a year back," Dean said looking at Jo.

"And you didn't tell us this because?" Jo said with sass.

"Because we don't even make eye contact, let alone talk," Dean said getting angrier.

"Ok Sam lets go outside and check around the barn for other vamps," I said pulling Sam out of the door.

"But Dean just said-" Sam started not getting the idea.

"I don't give a flying fuck what Dean said let's go," I said pulling him out of the door.

"Laura I swear to god if you walk out of that door-" Dean started to say.

"When have I ever listened to you Dean? Enjoy your alone time," I said walking out.

Once we were outside Sam said," You know Jo and Dean are a lot more complicated than you think."

"No shit Sherlock. And by the way you can stop treating me like an idiot. I know more about them than you think, and by the way-" I said but got I interrupted by Sam's laughing,"What's so funny?" I asked getting annoyed.

"I just, missed you. We were only together for a little bit before the whole mess happened, but for the time we were together it was mostly you sassing us, I didn't realize how much I missed it," Sam said.

"Yeah, I missed it too," I said laughing.

Meanwhile in the Barn
Jo's POV

I watched as Laura dragged Sam outside of the barn, dreading the conversation that would come next.

"Jo, why didn't you tell me you were back?" Dean asked looking away.

"Because the last time we had spoken I had tried to kill you as a ghost, that's not the best way to leave a relationship," I said running my fingers through my hair.

"So? I'm the one who got you killed in the first place, do you really think I was upset that you were being forced to kill me by some Egyptian god?" Dean said getting even more upset.

"First of all you didn't get me killed, I'm a big girl and I made my own choice to go on that mission, and second of all, yeah I did think you would be upset seeing as I FUCKING TRIED TO KILL YOU!" I said screaming at the end.

"Jesus Jo, after all the shit I've done there is no way I didn't have that coming. What's the real reason you didn't tell me you were back?" Dean asked calming down.

"I don't know. I was a little afraid of who brought me back and for what purpose, but I guess it was mainly because of the way we left things before I came back as a ghost. We kissed, and I didn't know if it was a goodbye kiss or if there were actual feelings behind it, and the way I felt when I died, I wanted it so bad to mean something, that I would rather just stay with that memory than to have you tell me you didn't have feelings for me," I said not making eye contact once.

"Jo, I don't know what to say, mostly because I don't know what that kiss meant either-," Dean
started but I cut him off.

"You know what this is stupid let's just go, it's not like Laura locked the door when she left." I said leaving the barn.

"Jo come on-" Dean tried again but I cut him off.

"Dean, don't." I said and walked back to my car. Laura and Sam both were waiting by the cars, so when Dean and I came out Laura got in my car and Sam got into the impala.

"So who'd it go?" Laura asked.

"Never do that again." I said starting the car.

We then drove back to the motel and got a good night sleep, for hunters. In the morning when it was time to leave, Laura invited me back to their bunker, and when I tried to say no she told me that she needed me to go, to keep her sane around the boys. I could tell by the way she said it she meant it as a joke, but was nervous to be alone with the boys again to some degree, so I decided to go, hoping not to have anymore awkward encounters with Dean.