Vobi- Quiet ones are the ones that suffer? (part 2)

A/N - This was a request from @aostar123 part 2 from the Vobi ff I wrote. I hope you enjoy it :)

Warnings -Angst, terminal illness

It's been two years since I found out about Vik, I've tried to visit him as frequently as possible, no matter what I had to do. After all, Vik will always be my number 1 priority. We've been to any places in the UK under aliases and disguises, as stupid as that sounds, to avoid catching the attention of fans, where we enjoyed the beauty of the UK. from te lake district, to the highlands, to Land's end, and even to a place called Sherwood forest in Nottingham for no other reason other than to see what a 1000-year-old tree looks like. We wanted to explore as much as possible of the places we can access more easily to a practical level. This way Vik enjoys his life to the maximum.

Of course, during those two years, Vi did confess his terminal illness to the rest of the sidemen. They were shocked, worried, distraught, mortified and frustrated all of the same time. I believe Josh was most disappointed in himself not recognising Vik's suffering. Needless to say that all the sidemen now are extremely supportive of Vik, they never joke about it or make any references to it, as that is what Vik wants, and we can all respect that desire.

The more time I've spent with Vik, the more I get to know him on a much deeper level than I ever have known. Who knew the loud mouth and most talkative in the sidemen was also the most secretive. And the more attached I've become to him. We both have agreed to be in this relationship, where we rely on one another. But we're not in any established romantic relationship and I want to change that.

I took Vik to this forest near the sidemen house, where we discovered this clearing that looked absolutely stunning. The thing is, no one comes around this area, so we've decided to call it our spot. This spot would be where I confess to him about my feelings. It would be a step forward for us. It's whether I've got the guts to do it.

The sun was setting on that evening, I took Vik out to the clearing and we just lay on the ground together, just staring at the fiery sky. I had way too much on my mind to actually say to Vik, like how do I go around phrasing my feelings to him, without being too pompous or bold.In fact, I think that I was so lost in thought that Vik had to tap my shoulder to get my attention.I was startled but as I looked at him, he just giggled and smiled.

"Hey Tobi, I have something that's bee on my mind," Vik states half seriously.

"Go ahead, star, say anything that comes to mind," I replied encouragingly.

"What are we Tobi, I mean as a status. Are we just friends, best friends or are we something more?" Vik asks genuinely.

"To be honest, that's been on my mind. I know how strong my feelings are for you, and that I'll always be by your side no matter what, Vik. So what do you want us to be?" I ask slyly trying to avoid the question till I can confess everything more clearly.

"Then can we be lovers?" Vik asks bluntly.

"Wait1 What?" I asked surprised

"Oh, Tobi doesn't want to be my boyfriend then," Vik said in a moody tone, quite seriously.

"No, it's not like that!" I exclaim in a panic.

"Then what's wrong?" Vik asks in confusion.

"Nothing is wrong Vik. I would love to be your boyfriend. You just surprised me in how blunt you were. I mean I've been spending ages in figuring out how to confess." I admit to him.

He just bursts into fits of laughter afterwards. Is that all it was? Tobi, you worry too much, I will always love you. I'm glad we're lovers now." Vik beams, recovering from his giddiness.

I chuckle at his cute nature. "I love you, Vik," I smile

"I love you too, Tobi" Vik replies. We sat up and spent the evening in each other's arms as the sun started setting, indicating one day that has passed from the limited time we have together. But none of that mattered to us. It never did. We only live in the present, and we don't worry about what's to come. That s how we chose to live our lives from t" years ago, till death do us apart.

Who knew that silent vow would end so soon... too soon.

3 years have passed since we became an official couple. We decided not to get married because documents were a hassle when we know that this relationship can't last forever, we were aware since the beginning. By now, we've literally travelled to the world. Even to a place called Kiribati - Google it, it was Vik's water heaven, where he could do all the water related sports he wanted to try and we both went diving there. Believe it or not, Our youtube channels are bigger than ever, where not a single sidemen are below 3 million subs. We are still like a big family, and who knew the sidemen house is still a thing, though Josh moved out as he is - finally - married to Freya, and I wanted to live with my star so I've moved in into the Sidemen house. Simon is still single and very lonely, JJ has settled down a bit and is finding someone new, and Harry will never change.

However, Vik's condition is worsening now, he's fainted on multiple occasions and because of cuts to the NHS, they've cut his prescription, knowing that it would not cure him of it. But no amount of time could soften the blow to this traumatic event.In reality, I was never truly ready for it, nor would I ever be.

Vik had been getting extremely weak at this point, he wasn't walking at this point, s I carried him, even in the middle of the night, with clear skies, so the stars are clearly visible, I carried him all the way to our spot in the clearing. It was the best place for him now.

We reached the spot, the stars were illuminating on us now as if all the stars had gathered to say their farewells too.

"The stars are so pretty," Vik weakly points out.

"Yeah, they're never going to replace the brightest and most beautiful star next to me," I state half-jokingly, trying to lighten the mood, but I did mean it, and Vik could tell.

"Don't say that. Not now out of all times. You'll make me cry otherwise." Vik demanded weakly, voice cracking, due to the emotions swelling up inside him. I can feel mine bursting from within.

"Tobi, This is the end, I can't survive any longer. We both know that we're going to part ways now." Vik states, tears welling up in the corner of his eye.

"Vik, I always love you, even when you're gone, I'll never forget these feelings and will carry them with me, till I will meet you again. But, I'm still not ready to say goodbye. Please, I just want more time with you." I cry out, not able to hold anything in.

"Tobi, I'm not ready either. I really wanted more time too, but my life has already been miraculous, and it's definitely been a fulfilling life. But the one thing that I'm glad about the most, is that I met you, Tobi." Vik chokes out with the last remaining strengths.

"Vik!" I cry out.

"Remember what we said Tobi, we're not going to be scared. It's fine. Just promise me one thing, Tobi." Vik's voice becoming croaky.

"Anything" I state

"Don't lose your smile." And with that, Vik was gone.

On the 31st July 2022, Vik died in our spot, n my arms, with the stars watching above, all mourning his death. I will never forget him, I will never move on, iI will carry my love around with me and never lose it. That way I will keep Vik's promise. And I'll keep smiling with a genuine smile, tillImeet him is some form or way. We will meet again

A/N - That's the end of this mini-series. I hope you enjoyed it. Like always, if you have a request, please comment it and I'll write it for you. thank you all for reading and all your support :)