Zerkstar - Firework

A/N - Guess who's back (back again). Exams are over and I'm free from school for 2 months. Yas!!!!! Still doesn't mean that I can write fan fics as so easily, you can check check my hiatus authors note to see why. But I'll try to write as much as I can starting now :) so enjoy - sorry if I became rusty >_<

Vik's P.O.V

I was editing my latest video even though I told my fan base that I was taking a break. I may have said that it was yourube's fault as it was an easy excuse. I mean others were complaining so people would believe that easily. But... that's not the reason for the video. I've actually became addicted to working. So much so that it affected my health. Not to an extreme! Just insomnia and fainting on a couple of occasions because I forgot to eat. That didn't stop the others from worrying. So I've been trying to restrict myself so I can get my life in check.

I heard a knock, but it wasn't just any knock, it was a special message that only I knew what it meant. It made me unintentionally smile as I welcome my boyfriend Josh into my room. Yes, my boyfriend. We've been going out for a few months now and though we've already come out of the closet together, we haven't specifically said we were dating because it felt weird to say at the time. Though now we would never think that. We do make it obvious to the others and never hide our relationship. I don't know if they've actually all pieces it together- apart from Simon maybe who always takes pictures or squeals about us being his OTP or whatever. Yes, I know what he means I just don't particularly take an interest.

Anyways, Josh rolls up with something in his hands. I can tell he's got something planned for us to do. It's his way of helping me and my workaholic state. I always love the dates he plans. From the simplistic and borderline cheesy to the downright eccentric. Either way just spending any time with me and him is just perfect.

"Hey Vikky, I've made plans for us to go somewhere special tomorrow night and you have no choice but to come alright," he demanded in a cheeky yet soft voice. It sounded more childish than controlling but still, it made me feel somewhat comforting oddly.

I just chuckled and replied, "I would never turn down an opportunity like this down anyways. I would jump at any opportunity to be with you." He just blushed madly at my flirtation attempt. Well, I was being honest. We just spent a couple more hours talking to each other whilst I make the finishing touches to all my videos. It was bliss. But alas Josh had to leave so he could actually do his work without procrastinating. I just wished we could just sleep together (not in that way get your mind out the gutter) and spend even our night together. But we would be moving way too fast. We may live together and may have done so for the past couple of years but that's still a massive step in a relationship and we've not been going out for that long. We both agreed to be careful because our relationship right now is a huge translation on its own from being best friends.

That thought was what drifted me off to sleep that night. The next day, I woke up half tired but energetic too. It's what happens when you don't get enough sleep because all you can think about us that date. It's definitely not anything special, but each time I always feel this adrenaline rush through my veins. It's so childish I know but you can't help being a kid sometimes. Plus only Josh makes me feel this way since he's special.

I impatiently and haphazardly doing my job, but all I can think about is tonight. Until the time came before I even realised. Josh knocked on my door in his special away to tell me it's time. I was already dressed but I didn't feel like I look good enough. does the jeans match, are they too tight, does my hair look neat enough? So many questions. I opened the door and left my room immediately. 

He wore his new clothing line hoodie with a pair of denim jeans and some vans to match. I wore in comparison my today is a good day t-shirt with my green hoodie on top, and a pair of camo jeans with my Yeezys. Ok don't blame me I tried but I do not do fashion. Josh, on the other hand, is always stylish. I'm kind of jealous, but I'm  also in love with it. Well, I'm in love with everything about him so it doesn't say much but you know what I mean. Josh just smiles at me, complimenting me the way he knows how comical insults to tease with a peck on the cheek to show that he's playing around with the cheezy complement to date like, "you're beautiful," you know how it always plays out. But for some reason, his compliments always bring a smile on my face, no matter how unoriginal or overused they were. I guess I'm no different. It's a shame the human vocabulary is so limited. You only notice at times like this though.

We went out to a restaurant together, just a mid-class family restaurant. And you thought our dates were at Nando's, we have more class than that. it was filled with light conversation and laughter, as it always is, the only silence is when we're eating, which was still comfortable nonetheless, and that's saying something considering that I like to always fill the void with my own voice. I've always enjoyed moments when it's just me and Josh together, no care in the world for uploading, or any upcoming events that we need to organise. I don't ever dwindle on the past or dread about the future when Josh is by my side like this. I just enjoy the present whilst I can. It sounds like a cheap rom - com I know. But trust me, there is really no other way to describe it.

Once dinner was over. I was under the impression that we were heading home, but Josh had other plans. I didn't notice until we are in the countryside - literally. I was confused as to where we were heading. I mean I didn't plan for it to be lasting this long. But then again this is Josh we're talking about, the man who takes pride in his ability to have the element of surprise over others. Or maybe I'm too absent minded. Who knows

We pulled up at a field. Which field was it, I have no clue. What I did know however was Josh had prepared a little something extra in the boot. He pulled out some sparklers and....fireworks. OMG! I thought I-ve seen it all but clearly not. Who stakes out a random field out of civilians way just to blow up some fireworks as part of a date. None other than Josh. But still I love his eccentric side that surprisingly very few people know about. It's who I fell in love with in the first place.

We started with the sparklers. I mean we have to end with a bang. I may have turned into a six year old once the lit sparkler was in my hand, running around with them, waving them around fanatically. To be fair, Josh was doing the same. I really don't have a care in the world right now. Live in the bliss, just live in the bliss.

After we finished up all 50 sparklers between us... whoops, it was time. Time for the big finale. Josh had brought five different fireworks, of course we weren't that much of idiots and only set them off one by one. What do you think we have a death wish, no thanks I rather spend more of my future with Josh. Did I really just say that in my head. Yes, yes I did. But our safety measures didn't detract from the beauty of them in the slightest.

The first was blue, a baby blue. It was simple and it burst open and bloomed like the petals of a flower. The seconed being a emerald green and being a lot more shorter but a lot more impactful. The explosion of colour filled the night sky within seconds. The third was a ed firecracker. The fourth was a yellow spiral, with mini explosions later on. But the fifth was something that I never expected.

Josh was grinning at this one. Before he sent it off, he told me that this was a special one for me. Honestly I did not know what to expect but never in a million years would I think it would be like that. He set it off and ran to my side. I watched the soul rocket fly into the night sky until it blossomed out into a beautiful array of flames. That arrangement was a blue star with red writing within that spelled messiah out VIK aka my logo. Well as close as fireworks can get to it. Josh really does pull out all the stunts. I practically jumped on him, desperate to show my appreciation. He looked down at me and he stroked my hair lovingly. All I could say was

"Josh, you really are the best boyfriend ever. I don't know how I deserve you."

He smiled back and all he said was " You deserve the world little star."

A/N - And I am done. Thank you all for reading and thank you all for 2K!!!!! I literally can't believe this got so many reads during my absence. You guys are amazing. Like always leave any suggestions in the comments below and I will c u guys with my next chapter 😀