Chapter 3

When you love somebody, you do everything you can to make them happy even after getting hurt because its not just about you anymore
- Anonymous

Aaiza's Pov

I wake up around ten in the morning not getting any peaceful sleep last night. I even skipped dinner. Oh Damn, My head hurts. 

I sit up on the bed, yesterday's images flashing in front of me. I couldn't help but cry remembering what he said. Wiping the tears from the back of my hand I get up from my bed.

"Ohh I couldn't make up for my morning prayer" I tell myself pinching the bridge of my nose.

My head is throbbing in pain and I am feeling dizzy due to all the crying. With the pounding head I walk directly in the bathroom and brush my teeth. Looking at myself in the mirror, I realize how ugly I look right now.

I see my reflection, a hideous woman staring back at me. Hair in a mess, Eyes puffy due to crying and a flushed face. I splash some water on my face and  quickly take a shower, dressing up in my homey clothes.

Half an hour later I stroll downstairs not wanting to face him. I see him already leaving. I just don't want to face him after last night.

I stop mid-stair half leaning on the railings, He looks up at me and frowns, He is not even sorry. Without giving me another look he leaves, he surely dislikes me. I sigh walking further.

I am sitting on the Leather Sofa staring nowhere but the black TV screen in front of me.

"Goodmorning Aaiza" I hear Linda greet me being her usual cheerful self.

"Goodmorning" I reply back my eyes not leaving from the switched off tv.

She sits beside me and put a hand on my back.

"Aaiza" her cheerful voice changing into concern.

I look up at her smiling "yes?"

She scrunches  her perfectly arched eyebrows. "Is everything alright? You look worn out."

I give her a small smile "I am fine" I say turning my eyes at the marble floor.

"No you are not" she says and gasps after a moment "Don't tell me, Did Mr Khan say something?"

Hearing that, A lone tear runs down my cheek. I blink trying to stop more of it to flow. Even though Maria assured me that he did not mean what he said, it still hurts. And the funny thing is, he isn't even guilty about it. Maria said maybe he trusts me but why does he act like he dislikes me so much, As if he just hates the mere presence of me whenever I am near him.

Am I that bad?.

He surely does not have anything for me and then here is my stupid heart hoping that he will Love me back.

"Oh! Aaiza don't cry" she engulfes me in a side hug. "I know he is short tempered but he is not that bad at all" she says trying to convince me.

I look at her and smile weakly.

"I know" I say.

Somewhere in my heart I still feel he is not that bad as he shows he is.

Hope, that is what is I need to hold on.

After a small silence I speak,

"What do you think I should do to make him happy?"

Linda squints her eyes thinking for a while
"I-umm, I honestly dont have any idea about that, plus I haven't seen him smile for once, happy is just far from that" she says popping her index finger out.