Chapter 42

I cannot make an eye contact with her anymore.
My eyes reveal stuff which my mouth denies.

Aaiza's Pov

Just like Zaid said, we did skip work the next day, always keeping his word. I couldn't believe he actually did that for me. I could also notice the slight change in his behavior, He was extra careful with me. So caring, so considerate, so solicitous and gentle in his own way or should I say in Zaid's way.

 I saw his that side which I thought I wouldn't be able to see.

I think I should probably start getting sick often, because Yes I did love it.

The way he made sure I had proper food, proper meal and no Junks. how he made sure I had my medicines on time or not. 

Though he didn't come up with a glass of water and the pills in his hand like those lovers in the movies, instead kept on nagging me to have them on time and asked me continuously unless and until I didn't get up and had them in front of him and he nodded satisfied.

And yes! Workout!!. He wants me to work out with him to be physically fit and have a proper immune system.

Ugh! I absolutely hate that part.

I am much better today and I also want to go continue my schedule but my just turned possessive husband didn't let me do it.

I am right now curled up in my bed with a romance novel in my hand which is getting dramatic scene after scene. I turn to the next page when I feel a shadow over my tiny body. I look up to see and there stands my husband watching me with a ghost smile on his lips.

"You up?" He asks.

Am I hallucinating?

I am sure Zaid is in his office today. I blink twice. Oh my Lord, he is still here.

"Why are you back so early?" I ask checking the time which said three thirty in the afternoon.

OH! what a great time to be up Aaiza!!

"Yeah, um...I" He stutters looking everywhere but me and I wait patiently.

Why does he avoids meeting my eyes?.

"Actually I was done with work, so I came home early." He reasons out quickly, his lips in a tight line as he nods.

By the time I could reply my phone starts ringing. I hop out of my bed, tying my ugly messy bun into a cute messy bun.

Zaid watches me all the time with an expression I cannot put a finger to. Feeling self conscious, I try not to look awkward and pick my phone to answer the call.

"Hey Girl!, Abid, My husband and I are going to be there at your place in an hour." Naisha rants on the call.

Yeah Abid landed here on Friday, which was Yesterday.

As I hold the phone to my ear listening to Naisha, my eyes flicker to Zaid's who was intently watching me. I gulp down my saliva looking away from his burning gaze as I blush fiercely.

Why does he always do that? At times he tries every way possible not to meet my eyes and at times his stare is so intense that it could burn holes through your body.

He watches my every move so carefully.

As soon as Naisha is done with her rants which I didn't pay attention to because of the Adonis standing in front of me, I quickly end the call.

"Who was that?" He asks as soon as I end the call.

"Naisha" I reply trying to walk past him bacl to bed but he grabs my wrist.