Chapter 24

Fake people don't surprise me anymore, Loyal people do.

Zaid's Pov

What the heck, Why isn't she answering my call. I tried calling her two more times and all she did was reject my call.

How could she?

I am standing shirtless in the balcony of my hotel suite in Liverpool trying to call her.

Damn! I hit the side wall in irritation.

I couldn't answer her calls earlier as I was in a meeting. This woman is so stubborn, Now I have my next meeting at 6:30 in the evening. Sighing I keep my phone back in my pant's pocket.

The plan of this business trip came up suddenly last night. There had been a little misuderstanding between our opposite dealers and they wanted to cancel the deal with an excuse of us being late in our project. I needed to fix this, they cannot back away like this. I have invested a lot of money on this area in liverpool and I cannot let it go. I am going to stay here for one week as I had more plans here.vcfcx

Last night when I returned home, I was supposed to rush to my room and quickly start packing but reaching the living room I again saw Aaiza sleeping on the same couch on which she slept earlier, My mind went back to our text conversation we had before. She said she will wait  and here she is, on her word.

I have been lacking such things in my life and truly all this makes me a little awkward. Someone being caring towards me makes me feel the person is being fake sometimes. If she would be awake I would have not been standing here and staring at her.

My legs take me slowly near her sleeping figure. her lips parted cutely with a little drool dripping of her mouth. My lips twitch in a small smile and I pull out my hankerchief wiping of the drool softly not wanting to wake her up. Her chest was rising and falling as she slept peacefully.

I take a step forward to pick her up when something crunches under my right shoe. I raise my foot a little to see a popcorn smashed into small pieces. I look around the sofa and sigh at the mess she made.

Popcorns scattered everywhere, duvet covered her body messily and a packet of doritos which was opened and was lying on the sofa beside her sleeping figure.

"Oh Zaid you are back, I'll go heat up your dinner" I hear Maria enter.

"No, Its fine I am leaving for a business trip anyway" I reply not leaving my eyes from her sleeping figure.

I hear a throat clearing and I look up at Maria who was giving me a teasing smile.

Maria never questions me but if it would have been the woman passed out on the sofa right now, she would have surely thrown a lot of interogations on my face.

"Why are you not sleeping yet?" I ask, ignoring her teasing look.

"I spilt a little water in my room, I am going to get something to wipe it" She replies.

"Did you get the clumsy flu from her?" I point at Aaiza.

She laughs at my little joke and I notice the crow feets forming at the corner of her eyes. I think I should not let her work anymore, she is too old to work now.

"She was waiting for you, I told her to go back to sleep but she is..."

"Very Persistent I know." I complete as I scoop Aaiza in my arms slowly.

I see Maria nodding and a strange smile appears on her lips.

"I'll just go put her in bed" I say nervously as I turn to leave.