Chapter 17

The mind replays what the
heart can't delete.

-Anonymous

Zaid's Pov

"I HATE YOU!! you are a MONSTER." She shouts, her face morphed into an annoyed and sad expression.

A frustrated tear rolls down her cheek as she yells at me.

No one ever tries to raise their voice at me. I glare at her and she glares back. Maria is looking at us shocked.

She might be thinking that how did I allow Aaiza to speak to me like that. Aaiza is very stubborn woman I have never come across, Well I am too.

I do not reply back. She hates me, that is what I want, Right? that is what I expected and that is what I always wanted. But why does it.. hurts?.

Her words reminded me of the stupid dream as the images of it flashes in front of my eyes but I did not dare change my expression. I do not want to look vulnerable, not now, not ever.

Instead I snicker at her
"Thanks, I hate myself too" I don't know why I say that, it just slipped out.

She glares at me and pushes me aside walking out of the room.  I didn't stop her, Why should I?. I don't care.

But Damn my heart burns.

I breath heavily and turn to leave when I see Maria holding a plate with a sad face.

"Zaid, I'll just set the table" She ignoring looking at me and ignoring everything that happened before.

"Nope, Its fine. I am not hungry anymore."

"Bu-"

I raise my hand to stop and Maria didn't speak a word. Usually I would have sat down there shoving everything in my mouth angrily but I don't feel like it now.

Is there always has to be a drama during dinner?

I walk back to my room, No one ever dared talk back to me like that. Everyone is intimidated by me whether It was Maria. No one ever dares to spill anything that happens, out of this house or in office. No one ever dares to question me, Nothing goes out of this house without my consent because everyone knows how I can ruin their future in just a snap of my fingers.

But, this woman. she would keep on jabbering, asking stupid questions even if I don't want to answer, she keeps on going on and on, She is so talkative. so persistent and speaks a lot without any pause. Sometimes I need to stop her non stop yacking. And then there is my heart which feels weird around her. How can she get a topic so fast to gossip about.

I am so agitated right now, she never argued back like that before. She was screaming and yelling, she seemed fiesty and agressive today. What is wrong with her? I had to force her down, she kept on wiggling in my arms till the end and I felt something weird going on in my stomach, I was ignoring her totally when I carried her down but at a point I couldn't help it. I scolded her to stop squirming in my arms because It felt ticklish. 

It was a stupid decision to carry her down. I shouldn't have, but she wasn't listening so I had to force her. I dropped her purposely because I didn't want her to assume anything stupid in that crazy head of hers.

I don't know why doesn't she want to have dinner. Maybe she is still upset with me. I should not have treated her like that but she was being annoying when I was working and I don't like anyone disturbing me when I am in middle of something. I controlled my irritation when she dropped the paper weight, she was carlessly spinning it, I knew it from the start but I didn't say anything. I was just staring at her like an idiot.