Chapter 18

Its true.
We don't have it as easy as ordinary couples.
But this is no ordinary love.

-the tango

Aaiza's Pov

My eyes flutter open at the sudden grumbling of my stomach. Rubbing my eyes I sit up on my bed to see it was still dark. It is three in the morning. My abdomen is paining a lot less now as I had used warm compressors to ease the pain. I don't like taking tablets every now and then, I only take it when the pain is out of control. I went to the washroom to pee. After coming out I feel the grumbling again.

I am hungry!!

I should have eaten with him.

A sudden sadness engulfs me as I remember the earlier events.

I open the door of my room and slowly tiptoe to the dark alley and into the kitchen so that I don't wake the monster I mean Zaid up. After reaching the kitchen I open the lid of the container which I find quickly but see it empty.

Did he ate it all?

Nothing for my poor little stomach.

I start searching, thinking of where Maria might keep the leftovers.

Oh I am so stupid, I lightly smack my forehead with my fingers and walk to the refrigerator and there it is, my need. After seeing the treasure which I am craving for, My stomach grumbles once again. I am so famished that I am gonna die out of it.

I remove it slowly from the fridge not wanting to drop it and place it on the kitchen counter.The Cream garlic chicken and rice it is, It smells amazing even with the lid closed. I quickly put the food in the microwave to heat it up until it made the 'ping' sound.

I lick my lips desperately and walk in the dining settling myself on the dining chair and my sustenance on the table.

As I open the lid, I see hot smoke mixing with the rest of the air. It smells soo wonderful and delicious. I quickly serve myself by filling the whole plate in front of me. Yeaah I was that hungry.

I scoop the rice with the spoon and put it in my mouth chewing and tasting it slowly. God! This is sooo freaking amazing.

How could I miss this with him?

I am regretting everything right now. And Zaid won't forgive me.

I don't know when and how but I am eating like a glutton by now.

Why wouldn't I?

It tastes as if it is cooked by a professional chef. Maria is surely an amazing cook.

I am done eating half of the food when I hear some low shuffling. I look around and realize that the sound is from the kitchen. At first I think it might be wind or something. But I hear that again, 'maybe I am being delusional'. I pick my phone up which I carried in here and start scrolling down my social sites and continue eating with my right hand.

Wait I heard it again. I swallow and slowly keep my phone down stressing my ears to check if I am right.

Who might it be right now?

I stop chewing my rice to get a proper audio, I slowly keep the spoon back on the plate and stress my ears harder to hear more. I could here the shuffling but it is very slow as if someone's trying to rob the house but also trying not to wake anyone. The sound of the vessels were very soft only can be heard when tried hard.

My palms are sweating and I could feel my heart picking speed. I need to calm myself right now.

What should I do?. I cannot wake Zaid now because for that I have to escape the kitchen first.