Chapter 41

Don't deny yourself of the things you want, because what is denied, becomes strongly desired.

Zaid's Pov.

My body goes numb and my heart starts beating furiously in my chest. My hands are frozen and my throat turns dry. I gulp slowly, having no idea how to deal with this.

"How could you do this Ruba?. Why?"  He shakes his head coldly. Not giving a glance to his wife

"No Tahir. Its not what it seems. Please hea-"

"I don't want to, Stop just Stop." He screams covering his ears.

"Please just hear me out." I hear her sob as she tries to touch him but he shoves her hand away.

"I need to get away from here. Right now" He gathers his car's key and starts  walking away swiftly.

"Please Tahir, Wait!, No No No. Please"  The woman runs behind him. Tears flowing down her face continuously. That seven year old kid hid himself a little more behind the door.

"Just leave me alone Sofia, Just go away." He shouts pushing her as she lands on the floor "My brother? You really chose him to cheat on me?" His voice rise with every word he spoke leaning in to her face.

"No I didn't cheat. Trust me. I love you. H-He forced me, Please just hear me out. I would never- " The woman sobs repeatedly on the floor.

The man looks so broken, he couldn't decide who should he believe. He looks away not looking at the woman and then his hazel eyes met that seven year old kid who was peeping from the back of the door.

The kid didn't miss the lone tear that escaped  his father's eye, but he quickly wipes it off settling himself in the car and shutting the door with a thud.

The woman rushes to the car and knocks repeatedly on the window sobbing painfully.
"No No No. Please don't do this. Tahir don't go Please."

But the man drives off leaving the woman sobbing under the dark night. Sobs blurt out of her and she fall on her knees holding her face and crying intensively.

The boy who was hiding behind the door rushes out towards her mom and hugs her with his tiny hands which makes the woman's sob harder.

"You know I didn't cheat, right?. You believe me?" She asks between sobs and her son just stares at her, the little boy not knowing how to comfort her mother.

The woman who showed him all the good parts of life. The woman who nurtures him.

That day the boy lost his father. He lost him in an accident, the car his father drived off with had no brakes.

Zaid Tahir Imraan Khan experienced his first big lost.

"Zaid!" Maria's worried voice pulls me out of reverie and I rush towards an unconscious Aaiza. Crouching down I pull her on my lap, holding her by her shoulders. My throat still feels dry, as if I have lost my voice and I am trying to control my shivering hands.