Chapter 5

Sometimes talking to your bestfriend is all the therapy you need...

-Anonymous.

Aaiza's Pov

As soon as Zaid left this morning. I plod to the bathroom and take a long shower, the warm water rushing down my body.

Dressing up in my pyjamas and tee I plop on my bed grabbing a novel and reading it.

Soon after reading four pages of the book I hear my phone ring. I pick up my phone to see that it is my one and only bestfriend Naisha. A grin forms on my face as answer the call immediately

"As'salamu'alaykum" I greet.

"Walaikum'as'salam"

"So the baboon remembers me?" I tease.

"Hey stop with the remember me, its just that my husband is out of town and he is gonna be back late at night, so I need my best friend to gossip."

"Okay I am in, Time? and Place?"

"The usual, meet me by 2"

We always used to meet around 2pm at starbucks when we were single and were college students so yeah I am gonna meet her and have a proper conversation after so long. This makes me excited.

"Done" I grin.

1:30 in the afternoon and I am done with my zuhr salah, and my outfit. I am wearing my black denim with a black tank top and a yellow leather jacket over leaving my hair in a messy bun.

People usually get shocked with my appearance when they learn about me being a Muslim. But modesty is what I have always maintained. I take a last look in the mirror and leave.

I climb in the Mercedes which Zaid has it for me with a driver. I instruct him where to go.

I reach the spot around 2:15 and walk inside the air condition hitting me, my eyes scan all the seats and then I spot her with a baby pink headscarf. There sat she my bestfriend and my walking diary.

I sprint towards her with glee almost bumping into people but manage not to. People glare at me with wide eyes as If I have been just released from the mental hospital.

Or because I am the wife of a billionare who is running like maniac in Starbucks.

But who cares??.

I run towards her and engulf her in a tight bear hug.

"Can't breathe" she says her voice muffled as she laughs along with me.

"Oh God! I missed you so much" I grin and sit opposite her.

We grab our faviorite drinks and went on sipping it, talking and laughing.

"So how's life with Mr Khan?" Naisha asks with a teasing smirk on her face.

I heave a long sigh at her question.