Chapter 3 - Play With Me

~Hello everyone! I just wanted to say that updates will be coming a bit faster because we aren't doing a lot of things in school and the PSSA's are getting pushed to next week.~

~Emily's POV~

~~~

I went back upstairs to my room and grabbed the book. Before I go back I should grab a different book cover... I looked at out books and picked out a random one to cover it up. Jasper wouldn't know what I'm reading if a different book cover is covering it. I got up and walked down the stairs and stopped to see Kaden running around with a beautiful smile on his face.

He ran around in circles through the kitchen and living room, playing like all kids do.

Maybe I can get his friends over to play Hide and Seek. I thought mischievously as I walked down the rest of the steps.

I went over to Kaden and went in front of him, stopping him in his tracks. I then picked him up and smiled.

"Hey, honey, want to play Hide and Seek?" I asked joyfully.

"Sure!" He replied.

"Why don't we invite some friends, it would be boring with just the two of us!" I laughed as I put him down.

This is going to be fun. I giggled to myself.

~~~

After we got all of Kaden's friends over my house, I started to read the book. Fliping quickly through some pages and stopping at a few. I skimmed through some others before seeing Jasper looking over my shoulder.

Act natural, Emily. He won't know what you're reading. I said to myself and looked behind my shoulder.

"Hey, Em, what are you reading?" Jasper asked, tilting his head to the side.

I turned the book around and shoved it in his face, gigling at how he reacted. "I'm reading No Smart Kids Allowed, why?" I replied.

"Just wondering, whatcha' guys playing?" He asked playfully.

"Hide and Seek!" All of Kaden's friends laughed.

Jasper gave me a concerned look. "Emily, are you okay?" He mumbled in my ear and put hsi hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine," I said quickly in a stern tone.

As Jasper started to walk away, I put down the book and grabbed out my phone. I began to text Helena, Abby, and Violet.

Me: Hey guys, want to come over? I found a cool game we could play. :)

Helena: Sure, can you pick me up?

Me: Sure, I can pick you up,.

Abby: Yeah, uh, alright. I didn't know you still liked me...

Me: Just want to have fun with a few old friends.

Violet: Uh, okay. But, how?

Me: Oh, right, I'll pick you up, Violet.

Me: I'll pick all of you up in a few.

I turned off my phone and put it in my pocket. I wondered how I was going to do this before I got up and went to the door.

Today is going to be a fun day. I laughed to myself.

-----------

"Hey Jasper, I'm going to go pick up some of my friends, watch the kids, please," I ordered as I grabbed my jacket black jacket and made my way to the door.