Chapter 13 - Protecting Emily

~Helena's POV~

Emily's eyes were dark red, just like mine. I remember giving her some of my power back when we were little and giving her my ring, too. But I had to erase all of it to protect her. I doubt she would notice, but she is shaking uncontrollably like a scared kitten.

I hugged her, and her eyes went back to normal. Thank god. I thought.

"Helena, why can I talk with stitches on?" She asked.

"Oh.. I guess you don't have actual stitches on." I lied.

"Ok-Okay." She replied before she went limp.

She's probably so scared. I frowned.

I sat down and laid her on my legs. Her lips are pale, so I'm guessing she was being choked by Mr. Harmon. I will protect her, not matter what. I need to get Kaden, too.

She got up and looked at me before her eyes filled up with tears. I hugged her and whispered, "It's going to be okay."

Hey, Kaden. I said telepathically, hoping he would hear me.

Uhh. What? He replied.

We need to protect Emily, she's not safe. I answered.

Uh, okay. I'll be there soon, Sissy. He said before he cut off our conversation.

I let got of Emily and went to the door. Someone knocked on it and I  opened it.

"Hey, Kaden," I smiled.

"Hey," he waved.

"So, where's Mommy?" He asked.

I walked over to her. "She's over here."

She got up and ran to Kaden, "Are you okay?" She cried.

"I'm fine, Mommy," he smiled. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she sniffled. "Just worried, that's all."

I walked up to Kaden. "Meet my little brother," I smiled.

Emily wiped the tears away from her face and smiled back. "Well, I guess that means I'm your adoptive mother, Helena."

"Yeah, but we are the same age," I laughed.

She laughed with me and went towards the door. "We should find the others. Who's the murderer?"

"Dunno," Kaden replied walking besides her. He grabbed her hand and smiled at her. "But we'll be alright."

Emily smiled and opened the door, leading back into the game.

"Oka-" She tried to say before her mouth was sewn shut again.

"Okay, now let's actually start the game," Mr. Harmon sneered.

I thought we already stared the game. I reflected.

"Remember, the murderer must kill," he said again.

We all got our papers, and I opened mine; Nothing, good.

If I'm not the murderer then it's either me, Kaden, Emily, Jasper, or Kaden's friend.

"Lights out," he smirked before disappearing into the darkness.

I ran into the kitchen to grab a knife so I could kill the murderer; if the murderer wasn't any of my friends that is.

I ran out of the kitchen and into the living room. I looked around, trying to find a hiding spot.

I need to find Emily. I thought.

I looked up to the second floor, and saw blood seeping through wood. I ran as fast as I could up the steps and to the room where the blood was coming from. Frantically, I opened the door. Before I could say anything, someone grabbed my neck and pushed me to the ground, making me lose my breath.

I opened my eyes and came face to face with Emily, her blood-shot eyes.

"Emily," I whispered as I grabbed her arms. "Emily, it's me."

But her eyes would not go back to normal; she was losing control of herself.

"Emily!" I shook her body violently. "Calm down!"

She held the knife I had in my hand by the point, making blood ooze out of her hand. She grabbed it out of my hand and threw it at the dead person's body. I can't say that I found it because I didn't want to lose Emily; but I had to.

"I-" I stopped, thinking if I should actually say it. "I found a dead body."

We all appeared back in the living room, but with one person missing. Thankfully, it wasn't anyone I knew; it was just the last of Kaden's friends.

I looked around frantically to find Emily. She is on the couch, but her eyes are closed and her body is limp.

"Why don't we take a break?" Mr. Harmon insisted. "Seems like someone got hurt."

Oh, why the hell would he even care? I sighed. Whatever, as long as Emily is okay. But here eyes - they weren't like mine; my eyes are not that red, at least I think they aren't.

"Okay, I'll take your stitches off. No one can run away because all of the windows and doors that lead outside are gone, so don't even try," he advised.

I walked strait to Emily and ripped a part of my pants off. "Emily," I shook her.

She awoke and winced in pain. "Wha-" I put my finger over her lips.

"Just stay still," I whispered as I tied the price of cloth around her hand.

"My head hurts," she mumbled. "What happened?"

"I'll tell you later, for now just rest," I whispered comfortingly.

~~~

Okay, let's end it here! Sorry about the first time I updated it, I guess it didn't save totally. I have pretty bad internet up here at camp and we are low on data, so I can't really do much online. I'm trying my best to be active, though.

Word count: About 860.

As always, please point out any spelling errors.

I hope you liked this chapter!