Chapter 20 - Leaving

I let go of the knife and looked at my bloodied hands. I put them up to my face and covered my eyes.

"What have I done?!" I screamed. "What have I done!"

I took my hands off of my face and looked at Jasper and Kaden. Jasper looked at me with a scared expression and held Kaden tightly. Kaden was crying and held onto Jasper.

"Helena," he whimpered and let go of Jasper. "Helena!"

"Ka-" she whispered and held her hand up. "Kaden."

"I'm here!" He cried. "Stay with me please!"

I moved backwards and hit the wall. Kaden got up and ran towards me. His eyes turned a fiery red as he grabbed me by my throat.

"Now then," Mr. Harmon said as he appeared behind Kaden. "Why don't we stop it here?"

He grabbed Kaden and threw him against a wall. He coughed up blood and screamed.

"Stop it!" I screamed and ran towards Mr. Harmon. "Leave them alone!"

"Emily..." Jasper whispered and frowned. He ran towards Kaden and picked him up. 

Mr.Harmon grabbed me by my throat and dragged me out of the kitchen. Everything was becoming blurry as I tried to loosen the grip from Mr. Harmon. He dragged me upstairs and threw me on the floor.

"You have to kill to survive now, Emily," he said sternly and grabbed a wet rag from the bathroom. "It's going to be hard, but you'll get used to it."

"Y-you," I stuttered and whipped the tears off of my face. "You promised."

"I'm sorry, but I needed to do that," he replied and whipped the blood off of my hands and face. "You need to change your clothes, we are leaving soon."

"Wait, what?" I said and stood up. "What do you mean we are leaving soon?"

"Well, Jasper and Kaden probably hate you for what you've done and I need you for some things," he replied and got back up. "And sorry for uh, you know."

I shook my head and ran out the door. 

I look over to see shadows everywhere, but no Jasper, Kaden, or Helena, who I am most worried about.

Where did they go!? I said to myself. They were right here!

I looked around frantically trying to find them. I spun around in circles and tripped.

"Shit," I heard Harmon say upstairs.

I looked down to see Helena laying there. Her wounds were healed somehow.

"Helena!" I yelled and hugged her. "Come on, we need to get out of here," I helped her up. "It's not safe anymore."

"Emily," Helena mumbled. "Give me it back first."

"Give what back?" I replied and put my hands in my pockets.

"The ring, Emily," she pointed at my hands that were in my pockets.

I opened my mouth to say something,  but then closed it.

"I... I don't have it," I replied and walked backwards. 

"Give it to me!" A demonic voice screamed.

I walked backwards and turned around, only to be stopped by Abby.

"If you want to save your friend, you need to give me the ring," she smiled evilly and grabbed my hands out of my pockets.

She mumbled something I could not understand. A high-pitched sound came out of nowhere,  making me fall to the ground and put my hands over my ears.

"Stop it!" I screamed.

It got louder and then Abby disappeared. I closed my eyes tightly and mumbled, "Eka noise, stecka, Eka noise, stecka."

The sound stopped and I lowered my hands. I opened my eyes and looked back around the room. Helena was laying on the couch unconscious and Jasper was sitting on the ground near her. I looked up and saw Kaden, his eyes were bloodshot red from crying.

"Kaden..." I mumbled. "I'm-"

He out his finger on my lips and shook his head.

"I know what you want to do, it's okay, Mommy," he said is his cute voice.

I got up and hugged him. I picked him up and brought him over to Helena.

"I'm sorry, Helena," I cried. I took the ring off of my finger and slipped it back onto hers.

A bright yellow glow emerged from her chest. All of the wounds she had disappeared and closed up.

"What the heck?" I mumbled and backed away a bit. "Uh, Helena?"

Helena slowly opened her eyes and smiled. "Thank, Em."

"Helena!" I exclaimed and hugged her tightly. "You're alive!"

I let go of her a whipped the tears from my face. "I'm so sorry! I-"

She put her finger over my lips and shook her head. "It's alright."

"Okay, I know what is happening and what to do now," she whispered.

---

Finally a new chapter is out! I am sorry for the wait! 

Please point out any errors, it helps me out a lot! 

A new chapter should be out in about a week or so.

Don't forget to comment/vote. c: