Chapter 14 - Losing My Mind

~Emily's POV~

I moved my hand across the chair, wincing in pain. Helena noticed that I woke up and she came towards me.

"So-" I winced. "What happened?"

Helena gently grabbed my hand, making me whine. She took off the patch and took out a first-aid kit.

"I found this in the kitchen," she said as she patched my hand with the towel and taped it. "All I found that would be useful was tape, though."

She set my hand down and looked into my eyes. "Emily, do you remember anything?" 

I shook my head. "The only thing I remember is becoming murderer," I looked down at my hands. "Then everything went dark and I woke up with a cut in my hand."

Jasper and Kaden got up to comfort me. Jasper hugged me and began crying.

"Why are you crying?" I asked hugging him back with my good hand.

"You are back to normal," he sobbed. "Thank god."

Kaden came over and hugged me, too. "I missed you Mommy."

I hugged him back with my stabbed hand, making my wince in pain. They both let go and sat back down on the couch.

"So, who is here in the game?" I looked at Helena and Abby. "I know there has to be more than us."

Helena looked down and shook her head. "There were about 12 people; Kaden, his friends, Jasper, me, Abby, and Violet."

I gasped. "Where's Violet?"

Kaden looked down at his hands. "I'm sorry, Mommy," His eyes were filled with tears. "I killed her.

I looked down and everything became blurry, tears were streaming down my face. "She did nothing wrong, Kaden. Why, why did you have to kill her?"

Helena grabbed my shoulder and leaned down to see my face. "Em, calm down. You need to follow the rules, remember?"

I wiped the tears from my face and looked up at Kaden, "I'm sorry, Kaden." I got up and walked to him and gave him a hug.

He hugged my tightly back. "You had to kill your friends, didn't you." I whispered. 

He shook his head up and down and began to sob. I grabbed his chin to make his face level with mine.

"It's going to be okay," I comforted as I wiped the tears away from his face.

Helena came over and petted my head like I was a dog. "What was that for?" I laughed.

"Nothing," she smiled.

I heard laughing in the distance, then someone appeared behind Kaden. I grabbed him swiftly and backed away. Kaden struggled to break free, but I wouldn't let him go. I could feel the color fading away from my face. It wasn't Mr. Harmon, it was a demon.

I screamed and backed away even farther, bumping into Abby who is sitting on the couch. Everyone was saying something, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. Everything was muffled.

I kept staring at the monster, not moving an inch.

"You..." the demonic voice said. "Come with us, Emily, we need you. It's all our fault. It's all your fault."

Those words made me scream even louder. "No! It's not my fault," my face once again was flooding with tears. "It's not my fault!"

The demon laughed again. "Look what happened to your loved ones."

I looked around and saw blood. Helena and Jasper were cut open, their guts everywhere. I looked down to see Kaden, but his head was missing. I looked around, barely able to see because of how much I was crying.  I kept his body close to me, and looked up. His head was on the chandler. 

"No!" I screamed. "Kaden, Jasper, Helena... It's all my fault. It's all my fault.."

I buried my head in my knees and sobbed. "I'm sorry. Please. I'm sorry."

I closed my eyes and looked back up only to see everyone surrounded around me. I looked around and saw Kaden, Helena, and Jasper.

"Wha-" I sobbed. "I.."

Helena picked me up and hugged me. "Emily.. Please.. It's okay."

Jasper and Kaden came by Helena and hugged me again. They let go and smiled. Helena put me back down on the chair and sat next to me.

"So, what was that all about," she mumbled.

"It-" I looked back into it, and it made me scream. "I.. I don't want to."

She shook her head and hugged me again. "Emily, it's okay," she whispered. "We are all here, we are fine."

I snuggled in her arms and closed my eyes. "Okay."

I fell asleep in her arms and was once again in darkness.

~~~

Hmm, I wonder what is happening to Emily! 

Word Count: About 720.

I honestly loved writing this chapter the most. I'm a type of reader who likes people who are being possessed, having nightmares that mean something, or have some type of power that they never knew about. I love all kinds of different books, but these are some things that I like to see in books. It just gives me something to think about, like "Oh, I wonder what they are going to do now! Are you going to go to the other side?"

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter! A new one should come out in a few days. Please point out any spelling errors.