Chapter 12 - Switching Sides

Mkay, here's a little explanation of my story;

Emily was actually almost possessed by Mr.Harmon, which he made her open the book and read it. Then he made her start Hide and Seek again. Whenever she gave him back the book, he stopped (basically all he wanted was the book). Now he is back to torturing others and I wonder who will stop him! O:

~~~~~~

~Emily's POV~

"Why.." I pouted. "Helena, why is he here?"

I ran behind her, frightened by him. I can't believe Helena would say that I did this. This is madness, I would never do something like this.

"Too bad you had to stop, Emily," Mr. Harmon frowned. "I was having such a good time with you."

He walked up to me and grabbed my chin and pulled it up to his. His eyes were dark; it feels like he is staring into my soul. I jerk out of his grasp.

"Don't touch me!" I spat.

"Now, now, sweetie," he smirked. "Do-"

"Do not call me that!" I yelled. "I am not your daughter anymore, stay away!"

He laughed. "Now then, let's start the game."

He stitched our mouths shut, and threw a box of weapons on the table.

"Only the murderer will start off with a weapon, the rest of you will have to find one," he explained. "You can only kill the murderer. If you kill anyone else it will be counted as cheating."

He walked up behind me and petted my head, making me jerk. "You have such pretty hair, good luck." He whispered in my ear before handing me and every a slip of paper.

Everyone opened theirs frantically, hoping to not be the murderer. Well, my turn then. I opened the slip of paper and took a deep breath. Please.. I've been through enough of this. It was blank, thankfully, but that means someone else is the murderer.

"Light out," I heard Mr.Harmon say.

I ran off into a different direction than everyone else, hoping to not be found. Isn't there a basement? That sounds like a good hiding spot. I thought.

I heard footsteps coming behind me, making my heart skip a beat. I ran away, into a door. Maybe this is the basement. I went inside, not thinking of what I've gotten myself into.

"Oh, hey!" Mr. Harmon chimed.

My jaw dropped, why is everything going wrong in my life? All I want to do is go home with my family and have a normal life.

I turned around and booked it for the door, but there was no door.

"What..." I mumbled.

"You can't leave yet, you just got here!" He smiled.

"No.." I whimpered.

"Your friends are okay, they are all in the game," he laughed. "No one died yet, and the murderer is one of Kaden's friends."

I fell to the floor, why did the kids have to be in this? My eyes become blurry because of all of the tears that were falling down my cheeks. I can't be weak. I have to be strong for them..

"Don't cry, sweetie," he stroked my hair.

"Don't call me that!" I spat,  pushing him to the ground.

"I knew I should have killed you when Helena gave you her ring!" He yelled grabbing my throat.

The... ring? I thought. My mind was racing, trying to figure out what the hell he was talking about.

I grabbed his arm and sank my nails into it. He dropped me to the ground, laughing.

"Please, you think that could do something?" He smirked. "I'll let you live, but you know I can kill you in an instant, Emily."

Then, he vanished into the darkness. The door was back, and someone was banging on it.

"Emily!" Someone yelled. "Open up, it's Helena!"

I ran to the door as fast as I could and quickly opened it. Her eyes were dark red for some reason. I coughed up some blood before grabbing onto Helena.

"Emily, why are you so pale?" She asked, holding me up on with shoulder.

"I, uh-" I stuttered. "I ran into him again."

Her eyes went wide. "Emily, calm down."

What do you mean calm down? Wait.. Don't I have the stitches on? I'm so confused.

~~~

Word Count; 600.

Mkay, I tried my best to type, lol. Hope you like this chapter a new one should come out soon.

Soo, turns out Emily is like Helena and Kaden, and she's kinda the one who needs saving. Yeah, okay, makes sense in my head at least. XD

Please point out any spelling errors or things that make no sense, thanks!

~Chey