Chapter 7 - Kaden

Hola! Erm, I know this wouldn't make much sense, but here's a flashback of Kaden's life. Let's just say he's not like you think he is.

~~~

-Kaden's POV-

"Mommy..?" I sobbed as I stood above Mommy's lifeless body. "C'mon, Mommy, you need to wake up, the bad guys are here."

I shook her, trying to wake her up so we could get out of here, but she wouldn't wake up. I knew I had to get out of here, so I left here and took her handgun.

Mommy, please, wake up! I'm scared. Where's Sissy? I whined to myself as I got up.

"Mommy.." I pouted as I aimed the gun at the researchers. "I'm sorry."

I put my finger on the trigger, making sure to aim at his head, and pulled it. Blood exploded everywhere, and brain guts went flying. The doors opened, and my sister popped her head out of the door.

"Sissy!" I yelled as I threw the gun at the ground and ran towards her.

"It's okay, I'm here," she whispered while holding me in her arms. "We have to get out of here, okay? I want you to run out those doors and never look back."

"But what about you!" I whined.

"I'll be fine, I promise. I will be back soon, we will meet again," she assured.

I let go of her and made a run for the door, not looking back. My sister and I have been being chased by researchers ever since the incident with her powers. I don't know what she is supposed to do with them, but I guess I have them too since I'm her sister. I ran as fast as I could outside, trying my best to not trip and fall.

Once I made it outside, I saw her. "Sissy!" I smiled as she ran towards me. 

"I promised. But, I need to do something first," she replied. "Sit down on my lap."

"Uh, okay," I muttered as I sat down on her lap.

"I'm sorry, Kaden, but I have to do this to conceal your powers," she informed. "Please, just stay still."

"My ... Powers?!?" I stuttered as she placed her hand on my head.

"I'm sorry, Kaden, but I must do this to protect you," she sobbed.

"Don't cry, Sissy, I know you want to protect me," I comforted and hugged her.

I know all she wants to do is protect me, but what exactly is she doing?  I asked myself.

Her hand glowed vibrantly, almost like the sun. The glowing orb made everything bright, but it was too bright so I couldn't see anything.

"Siss-" I was about to say before she put her finger up to my mouth.

"Shh, it's okay," she whispered.

"Goodbye, Kaden," she cried as she made everything disappear.

"Goodbye, Helena," I replied sobbing before everything went black.

~~~

I awoke in a strange place, I don't know where I am, or who I am. I tried to remember, but everything was blank and made my head hurt. I moaned.

"Oh, he's awake!" A strange voice chimed.

"Where.." I mumbled. "Where am I? And.. What's my name?" 

The person walked up to me, she is a woman. Her hair is brown and she has beautiful blue eyes. Her clothes looked nice on here, and it looks good with her eyes. Her shirt is a white tang top with light blue shorts.

"My name is Emily, but you can call me Mommy," she answered. "Your name is Kaden, and I will be adopting you today."

"But.." I replied. "Uh, okay."

I got up and walked to her and hugged her. "Hello, Mommy," I smiled.

~~~

Word Count; About 630.

Short and sweet chapter, turns out Kaden is Helena's little brother and Emily adopted him. (BTW, Emily does not know that Kaden is Helena's little brother, she just found him in an adoption home).

~Point out any spelling errors as usual~

{Edited}