Chapter 19 - Puppet

~Emily's POV~

"I'm useless," I whined.

"Yes, yes you are," Mr. Harmon agreed. "Just say it and I'll give you Jasper and your body back."

"But what will Helena and Kaden think of me?" I whispered.

I got up in the black abyss and walked by Mr. Harmon. I wiped my face with my hand and whispered, "What will they think of me?"

He shook his head. "I doubt they would leave you be, but who needs them? They keep saying it will be alright, but you know it isn't," he replied and wiped my face.

I sat down in a fetal position and put my head in between my legs.

"I'm just afraid to lose someone again," I mumbled.

He sat down by me and stroked my hair. "Don't worry, I won't let that happen if you do it," he replied.

"Okay," I whispered and got up. "I'll do it."

"Good choice," he smiled. "Glad to have you back, Emily."

"I-I," I stopped to think over what I was actually saying. "I pledge my loyalty to the book."

Mr. Harmon laughed and got up. He hugged me tightly and whispered, "I knew you would do it."

"Now leave them alone," I mumbled. "Please."

"As promised," he smiled.

Everything went black once again and I awoke back in my body.

I found Jasper laying down on the bed.

"Jasper," I whispered and shook him. "Jasper wake up."

His eyes fluttered open. "What happened?" He moaned.

"Wel-" I shouldn't tell him. I mumbled. "Nothing, you just fell asleep."

"Uh, okay," he whispered.

"Mommy!" Kaden yelled from downstairs. "Come on, your show is on!"

"Coming!" I chirped.

I ran downstairs, dragging Jasper with me, and plopped next to Kaden and Helena. I smiled at Helena, Kaden, and Jasper knowing that they'll be safe now.

Except... I won't be safe anymore. I'm just a puppet waiting to be ordered now.

"Em, come with me," Helena ordered and dragged me into the kitchen.

"What?" I mumbled.

"Em... Your eyes," she whispered.

I got my phone out of my pocket and turned on my camera.

"What do you mean my eyes?" I questioned and put my phone back in my pocket. "They seem fine to me."

Kill her. A strange voice appeared in my head.

I sat down in a chair and put my hand on my head.

What... No. Why!? I screamed in my head.

DO IT! The voice screamed making me hold my head even more.

"Emily, are you okay?" Helena whispered and held my hand.

"No..." I cried. "I can't..."

DO IT! They screamed again, making me scream in return.

"Emily!" Helena screamed and shook me.

I got up and grabbed a knife.

"I..I can't," I stuttered and put the knife at my throat. "I'm sorry."

"Emily no!" Helena screamed and ran towards me.

NO! The voice screamed.

My body then froze and I threw the knife at Helena, hitting her shoulder.

I could hear screaming, but I couldn't hear anyone talking. All I heard were murmurs.

He.. Promised.. Why? I whined in my head.

My body moved back to Helena and tore the knife out of her shoulder and lunged it into her hand. She screamed in agony and I could see she was scared.

I tried to stop, but I couldn't...

I guess I really am a puppet.

~~~

Heeey!

I had no clue what to write so I just went with whatever appeared in my head. Sorry if it is awkward and makes no sense. Some of the ideas here came from other books I've read, I just changed it a lot and made it into my own creation. Well, I mean, that's where everyone's ideas come from sometimes. :p

Please point out any spelling errors as they help me a lot.

Have a nice day! Bye bye! o3o