Chapter 8 - Helena

~Helena's POV~

I can't believe Emily would do this... I just can't. It has to be Mr.Harmon, who else would it be?  I said in my head as I walked around Mr. Harmon's house. Even so, this is not normal for Emily.

I ran into the kitchen and went under the table. I have to hide. I need to help Emily, something is wrong with her and I must find out what. I said to myself.

I heard mumbling, no, singing, coming from the hall by the kitchen. The voice sounds familiar, but it is hard to make out who it is. I got out from under the table and crawled into the hallway. Because of my 'power', I can see in the dark better than others, so I should be able to make out their face.

I kept walking, following the mumbling sounds echoing in the hallway. Then, it stopped. The only reason it did, or I think it did, is because they saw me. Shit, I've been spotted. I mumbled as I stared at the person. They are standing in the opposite direction of me, so I can't make out who they actually are. But, he does look familiar.

I got up and ran towards him, grabbing the knife in his hand and putting it against his neck. "Who are you?" I mumbled under the stitches. He turned around, dodging the knife and stared at me.

Wait... I recognize him.. I tried to remember. No, it can't be. I left him in an adoption home. I doubt Emily would have adopted him. Yet, he looks just like him.

"No, who are you," He retorted, snatching the knife out of my hand and aiming it for my throat. "I don't know who you are, but I don't think it is a good idea to be snatching the knife out of a murderer's hand."

I froze, Crap, he's the murderer. But, isn't he like, 7? How can he be this strong... He jumped on top of me, pinning me to the ground. Yeah, it has to be him. No seven year old can be this strong.

I breathed heavily, "I am your sister, Kaden."

He laughed in his cute 7-year-old voice. "I don't have a sister, I was put in an adoption home at age 5. I don't even know why."

I picked him up and took the knife back out of his hand. "I know where you've been, and why you don't have your memories. I can even give then back to you."

He stood there, probably thinking everything over.

"I want my memories back," he mumbled and put his head down.

I sat down and patted my lap, pointing out to make him sit. Once he sat down, I put my hand on his head and did the same thing I did when he was 5.

He went limp and I held him. I can't let Mr. Harmon see this. I told myself.

I picked him back up and put him on the bed in the closest room. He twitched a little bit, but that was probably because of our mom dying. She didn't have any powers, so what use could she be. For all I know, she could have adopted us too.

He got up and rubbed his eyes. "Okay, now get out because I'm going to have to kill someone."

I walked forwards towards the door and left the knife in there.

"Well, welcome home, Little Bro," I smiled before I left the room.

~~~

A small little chapter here. But, I like to end my chapters off with a sort of cliffhanger or at least end with something good. Point out any spelling errors, please.

Word count; 580.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Some of the things I put in here make no sense, but I'm not a great writer. I'm not good at describing things, but I have a lot of ideas and such, which all come from different books and anime squished into one. xD

I sometimes help my friend, Abby, with her book (My Neighbor Downstairs), but my descriptions are pretty bad so Abby edits and fixes some things. :p

Anyways, hoped you liked this chapter, there should be a new one soon. ^-^

{Edited}