Chapter 5

A/N: Emmeline's Aunt Kathy's necklace. It was the one her aunt gave to Emmeline before she died. It is now Emmeline's most prized possession, and is very important to her. It is the only thing she has left of the only person that ever loved or cared about her.

After being a rogue in wide open spaces for a long time, I came to hate closed in spaces. So I felt trapped and small in this room. Sure it was large and comfortable, but it was unfamiliar, and I wasn't used to it. So when I heard the lock click from the outside I ran towards it, hoping my ears had tricked me, and that she had accidentally hit something against the door. But I know it was a foolish thing to think when the lock wouldn't turn. So I turned around and did the only thing I could do. I couldn't scream out and call for help, I was mute. So instead I silently cried. Hoping I wouldn't be trapped in here for forever.

I felt the tears run down the sides of my face. A few of the salty tears ending on my lips. I started to think about everything bad that had happened to me while I cried. The death of my aunt, being abused, having ugly scars, being weak, and being useless. No one not even my mate will ever love me. My aunt was the only one who did and now she's gone. The one good thing in my life is gone. I started rubbing the necklace she had given me all those years ago. It was the only thing that stayed clean in the woods. It was my most prized possession.

I was unable to keep track of the time and I cried until there was a knock on the door. Then I heard the lock click. I looked up to see Anna walk into the room a frown on her face as she saw the untouched plate of food. I had lost my appetite when I found out they were keeping me locked in here. "Why didn't you eat" she asked me looking me up and down. I just shrugged my shoulders, not bothering to take out my notepad. "Kace won't be happy with this" she mumbled, barely audible. She collected the plate with the pancakes and put a new one in its place. This one contained a sandwich, an apple, and a glass of ice tea.

Maybe if I don't eat they'll just leave me be. "No they won't" belle said. "Why not, I don't wanna be here" I told her. "Kace is our mate we can't starve ourself just to make him leave us alone. One it won't work I won't let you take me away from my mate. And two you would only be hurting yourself Emmeline. Your broken, there is no reason to break yourself more" with that belle stopped talking and retreated to the back of my mind. What she said felt like someone stabbed me in the heart.

Your broken.

What was worse is that she was right. I had never been complete. I had always been broken. And everyday I broke a little bit more. I made sure Anna had left before bursting into tears again. My own wolf saw me as broken and weak. She was apart of me, the only thing I had for eleven years. She probably only cared about me because if I died she died. I cried and wept until I could cry no more. I had tired myself so much from crying I hadn't heard the door unlock. The only reason it caught my attention was because once again I was drowned in the delightful and calming scent of my mate. "I really need to stop thinking that way" I thought in my head.

I didn't look up at the strong alpha, I just stared at the now pillow I had cried into. The top was soaked in tear stained pillow. "Look at me" he said, the soft tone from earlier gone. I looked up slowly to see his aqua eyes looking at me sternly. "Why haven't you eaten anything" he said sternly. But I noticed his eyes soften as they traced the red circles around my eyes caused from all my crying. He slowly stepped towards me and sat on the edge of the bed. He slowly lifted his hand up to my face. This time I let his hand caress my cheek and wipe away the tear stains. I felt the sparks run through my body and I know he felt them to. "You need to eat beautiful" he whispered softly into my ear. Then he stood up and left, this time I never heard the lock click. And I as greatful that I no longer felt like a trapped animal.