Chapter 26

The burning sensation consumes my entire body. Even though the bath doesn't rid of all the burning it still helps. I feel like my skin is on fire and I'm burning from the inside out. This can't be happening.

I hear a knock on the door as Kace's scent consumes me more than it ever has. "Beautiful there is no point in trying to hide. I can smell you. Your heats started" he says through the door. And I can't stand how right he is.

I get out of the bathtub and drain the water drying off a small bit so I wouldn't slip on the floors. I took a deep breathe before I opened the door and immediately Kace's lips were on mine.

The feeling of his skin on mine made all of the pain go away. He was the cure.

He trailed kisses down my jaw to my neck. He stopped and nipped the skin at my lower neck with his teeth. His warning. He then sunk his teeth into my skin and I cried out in pain. Blood ran down the side of my neck. He kissed the mark he had left and all of the pain turned to pleasure.

We were now mates. And I was the happiest I had ever been in my life.

.......................................

I was nervous.

Tonight we were announcing to the pack that I was going to be the new Luna. That me and Kace were now mates.

Kace kept trying to reassure me that the pack would be happy. There was no reason to be nervous. But just because he said that doesn't mean I would listen.

Two female pack members were doing my hair. Apparently they took this whole becoming the Luna quite seriously that they had to dress me up.

I didn't mind but the thought of everyone staring...made me sick to my stomach.

One of the women was named Maria. The other was named Jade. Maria had curly blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She was kind and very talkative. Jade was more white and focused yet somehow more comforting. She had long straight black hair and vibrant green eyes.

Both of them were already dressed for tonight. Jade wore a green dress the same color as her eyes that was long and one side had a long slit that revealed her right leg.

Maria wore a deep maroon dress. It was short and came down just past her thighs. The sleeves were made of see through lace that stopped at her shoulder.

My dress was white. It came down to me knees and the sleeves were similar to Maria's. They had a flower and vine design but they were long sleeves.
My hair was mostly up but a few curled pieces hung down here and there. My makeup was pretty simple nothing special.

Once they were finished I was allowed to go back to my room for a little bit. Kace was sitting on the bed a smile on his face. He stood up and walked over to me and kissed me. "You look beautiful" he said. "You don't look to bad yourself" I said.

"I love you" I mumbled against his lips. "I love you too. And I always will" he said.