Chapter 14

I didn't want to see Anna lying dead on the floor, but I did. Know I was responsible for yet another persons death. Carrying the weight of everything I was forced to relive and watching Anna drop dead and my worst enemy being my mate and here to take me back was really starting to set in.

I didn't want to be with Kace not after everything he's done to me. How could I ever deal with that. Even if he changed he can't take back everything he's done to me. So I turned and continued what I had been doing, running, from Kace.

I knew he would probably catch me but it wasn't about to stop me from trying. I turned and ran my legs moving the fastest they ever have in my life. Then it occurred to me. I had no clue where I was. So I was basically running around in a maze while being chased by my crazy evil mate. I love my life. Note the sarcasm.

I decided to make a bunch of rights. Right was always right, right? I sure hoped so.

I dodged people and objects as I ran. My lungs burned and my legs ached. But I kept running not daring to even look back. After a while I found a door and threw it open. Luckily it took me outside. But my surroundings were still unfamiliar.

I took off running left. Eventually I took a chance and shifted into my wolf. She was a brown that blended in with my surroundings perfectly. She was small so she could easily hide in bushes. But her scent was stronger than mine.

Eventually I couldn't take it anymore. I had to stop and rest. So I took a chance and sat in the shade of an old oak tree. I turned back into my human form, I was naked, but no one was around.

The shade provided little refuge from the summer heat. My bare feet had splinters and blisters. My head was pounding from the lack of oxygen. I breathed deeply trying to get all the air into my lungs that I could. Then a low deep growl erupted from somewhere nearby. And of course it was my one and only lovely mate.

I changed back into my wolf that way he wouldn't see me naked. He stepped out from behind a tree his once aqua eyes completely black. He's angry even though I never did anything. He's the one who ruined my life. He can't be mad at me for trying to live alone and stop hurting others and myself.

"Where do you think your going" he asked me. I rolled my eyes "Away from wherever you are" I snapped back. "And how do you think your gonna do that" he challenged. "By using my legs" I said sarcastically. "I think it's cute you think you can escape from me" he said looking highly amused. He looked like he enjoyed watching me suffer the way I had.

"That's because I can" I said "I would do anything to stay away from you." He looked taken aback. Sure I was acting brave but I was really petrified right now. He walked closer to me but I stood my ground. Not letting my fearless facade falter. "I think your forgetting your talking to your mate" he said. "I can smell how scared you are right now Emmeline."

"I'm not scared" I deadpanned. "Emmeline just come back home with me so we can get this over with" he sighed his eyes turning back to aqua.

"Over with? Over with! This will never be over with! Your the reason I suffered my whole life! My aunt was the only one who cared about me and you had her killed! No one cares about me but her! Your the reason my sister died before her life had even started! You made my parents say I was the one that should have died every day! I was kicked and beaten at school! My own parents didn't love me! Do you know how hard it was to have to live with your parents being disappointed by you even being alive! Do you know how hard it was for me to lose everything! I lived alone for so long! I was always hungry even before I was a rogue! To you it was all some kind of joke! But I have to deal with it my whole life!" I yelled.

The only reason I stopped was because my voice went hoarse. I could have went on forever. I was stupid for ever thinking I could find my mate. I was stupid for ever believing anything Kace said. I just wanted to die.

"Look Emmeline I'm sorry" Kace said. "Sorry won't fix this" I wanted to yell. But all I could do was whisper.

"Emmeline please forgive me. I-I love you" he said tears running down his face. I realized I had started crying while I was yelling.

I wanted to tell him to leave me be but I couldn't. In fact I couldn't talk at all.......I was mute again.