Chapter 23

I sat in the darkness just thinking about what my aunt said. It was all kind of hard to take in. Turns out my sister wasn't dead and Kace has been lying to me about some deep dark secret. Yet he wanted me to put my heart out to him. He wanted to wake me about every bad thing that happened in the woods. But I couldn't tell him. He would probably hate me for one of the things.

I just stayed in my comfortable dark space knowing that at one point I would have to wake up. Although I didn't want to. My life was to stressful and I didn't need that right now. I wanted some time to think things through. I One I would be safe with Alex and Oliver.

Even though it was peaceful I could still hear people talking. "I feel really bad for having to take her back to Kace" I heard Alex say.

They were taking me back how could they! I trusted them. I didn't want to go back to Kace. I didn't want to have to see him again. My head hurt at the thought of what he did. Although my aunt told me to give him another chance I was scared. What if he hurt me. He's proven I can't trust him.

I cried out into the darkness. Although I still didn't wake up.

"I know. But there she can get the care she needs" Oliver said.

Wait were they giving up on me. I thought we were supposed to be family. I trusted them and they betrayed me. Why are they doing this! I started sobbing. I had never felt so abandoned.

A low growl was the only thing I heard and my heart immediately dropped. I knew who that growl belonged to Kace.

Kace's P.O.V
I opened the door to see a guy holding my mate in his arms and I couldn't help but growl. I also noticed my mark on her neck was no longer there making her an unclaimed female. Although she belonged to me. Then I realized she was unconscious.

"What did you do to her" I growled at him but he looked unfazedby it. "We brought her back her because shes in a coma" he said calmly. I went to grab my mate from his arms but he pulled her away. "She told us about you, you know. She is actually pretty scared of you now" he said smoothly .

I glared at him not wanting to believe a word he said. "How did she fall into a coma" I growled. If they hurt my mate I swear to god-. "We honestly don't know. We woke up and found Em unconscious."

They even had a nickname for her.

"Give me my mate" I growled. The guy looked over at the girl with two different colored eyes. She gave a hesitated nod and looked at Emmeline. She had been crying, you could tell because her eyes were swollen and slightly red.

He gave me Emmeline and I held her bridal style, feeling better now that she was in my arms. Her smell of vanilla and strawberries made me feel content.

Emmeline wasn't hard to carry the long walk to the infirmary because she was still under weight. As far as I knew she still had trouble keeping food down.
I felt bad knowing I had hurt her. Although not physically but mentally. I could feel my heart break.

When we got to the infirmary a nurse lead us to the largest room, with the largest bed since she was the Luna and deserved only the best. No matter what she deserved only the best.

After a minute or two the doctor walked in. "I'm gonna have to wake you all to please leave (I'm from the south so y'all don't even know how hard it was to stop writing y'all and put you all).

"I'm not going anywhere" I growled. "Oliver" the girl with the two colored eyes said to the guy who's name was Oliver. Oliver looked at me "if you don't cooperate with them Emmeline is just gonna sit there and slip away even more" he snapped. He grabbed the girls arm and walked out of the room. As much as I hated it I knew he was right and followed them out to go sit in the waiting room.

Alex's P.O.V

I felt horrible taking Em back to the person she despised the most but I knew it was for the best. If she didn't wake up from her com it meant she was gonna die. I couldn't bear the thought of losing my best friend that became family.

I sat in the waiting room with Kace, Oliver had went back to keep everything under control and keep an eye on his pregnant mate.

It was awkward sitting there with him. The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. I could tell he didn't like me as much as I didn't like him. So I did my best to ignore him.

After what felt like hours of sitting their a man walked in. I could tell he was the beta from the amount of power he radiated although it was lesser than Kace's.

He was sexy though with a tall height, a muscular build, tan skin, light brown hair and stunning grey eyes. I also noticed how he smelled strongly of pine. I did my best to ignore him. Although his eyes kept looking me up and down. His eyes judging every inch of my body making me squirm.

My brown hair fell in my face covering up my silver eye. Suddenly I became more self conscious about my eyes that didn't match, glad my hair was covering one of them up. I knew I was pretty cause everyone from mine Oliver's pack never failed to remind me. I had curves but I wasn't the curviest person in the world.

The only thing I caught onto was how Kace had suddenly disappeared from the room and the one word the hit guy in front of me growled" mate".