Chapter 20

I woke up in the hospital bed with Kace gone now. He must've left to go take care of Alpha business. "Luna" a doctor said as they walked in through the door. "I'm not the Luna" I corrected her. "Not yet" I said. "Just so you know your free to leave now" she smiled. "What happened anyway" I asked.

"When that girl stabbed you she had laced something on the knife. We were able to get it out of your system but you had fallen into a coma. Throwing up before was caused by your stomach not being able to deal with food you hadn't had in a long time" she explained. "How did you know I was throwing up before" I said. "You didn't think you could keep something like that from your mate did you" she said as she left the room.

A few minutes later Kace came to take me back. He gave me some clothes to change into first so I went to the bathroom and threw on the hoodie and sweatpants. He smiled when I came back out and grabbed my hand. His was so much larger than mine.

We walked back together and I laid down when we got back to the room. "When will I be able to see the pack" I asked. He looked at me and sighed "As soon as you tell me everything that happened to you while you were living in those woods."

"That's not fair Kace, I'm the future Luna of this pack and I don't even know what all of it looks like" I complained. "I'm not gonna mark you until I know what happened" he said. "Well then it looks like we won't be mated any time soon" I said. "What about when you go into your heat. It's not far away" he pointed out. He was right. Pretty soon my wolf would take control and force me into heat wanting to be marked by Kace.

I huffed and turned away from him in bed. He rolled me back over to look at him. "Why can't you tell me what happened to you" he pushed on. "I'm not ready yet!" I yelled. Tears started rolling down my face. I didn't even want to think of the hell I went through out there. I just wanted to be here and be happy with Kace.

He reached over and tried to pull me closer to him. Instead I pulled away from his touch. "Beautiful look at me" he said. I kept my eyes focused on the ground. "Emmeline" he growled in warning. I looked up at him and his eyes were stern. I sobbed and looked away again.

I felt the bed shift as he stood up and left the room. He probably hated me know. I cried myself to sleep and thought of all the reasons Kace didn't love me.

My sister had a gun to her head and tears streaming down her face. "Run Emmie" she screamed. I didn't hesitate to turn and run to my aunt Kathy's house.

I fling open the front door and ran and hugged her legs. As I had run away I had heard a gunshot and knew my sister was dead. "What's wrong sweetie" my aunt asked as she picked me up. "They killed Cassie" I cried. She looked up and I clung to her.

She ran to her room and grabbed a gun and loaded it. "Emmeline listen to me" she said making me look at her. "Do exactly what I tell you to do. When I tell you to run, go past the pack boarder the you'll be free. Don't worry about me and don't look back. Do you understand me" she said and I nodded.

She snuck around to the front porch and started killing the people that were after me. "Run" she yelled and I ran for the boarder of the pack.

I heard a loud scream and looked back. My aunt Kathy laid on the ground in a pool of her own blood. I cried and sobbed and ran as fast as I could. I heard another gun shot and something grazed my face. I didn't feel any pain then from the adreanaline.

I woke up gasping, sweating, and crying. Kace wasn't their and I was starting to worry. I stood up and decided to go look for him.

I opened the bedroom door and walked down the hall following his scent. It led to a bedroom where his scent was the strongest. From inside I heard moaning. I cried and opened the door. A naked girl was on top of Kace and he was naked under her. I slammed the door and shifted.

I ran through the hallways and outside. I heard a set of paws behind me and made a run for it. Kace didn't care about me he had proven that much and I wasn't about to go back.

I ignored the bushes and branches that snagged at my fur. Kace kept following me I don't know why he bothered. I wasn't going back. I skidded to a halt and turned around quickly. I growled at him and he looked unafraid. He walked closer and I snapped at him. He looked shocked and took a few steps back.

He walked closer again and nipped his ear. He tipped and backed away. I growled and moved away and he moved closer. Apparently he wasn't getting the message. I lunged and sunk my teeth into his flank.

The look he gave me was surprised. I didn't know you were capable of being so violent and viscous. He mind linked me. Go to hell. I growled back. Just come back home with me he said. Are you crazy. I'm not going back with you after what you did to me. I hope your happy now. I'm leaving and you can have sex with whatever birch you choose but don't bother trying to find me or take me back. And my home is not with you I growled.

I turned away and started to walk before long I started running. Then I was pinned to the ground. Kace wolf was pinning mine down. Let me go I said wiggling beneath him. No was all he said.

Shift. He mind linked. The look in his eyes told me not to argue so I did and he did to. His once aqua eyes were now black. He pulled me close to him and I felt a sharp pain in my neck that caused me to scream. He had marked me and it hurt until he licked the wound and the pain went away. He roughly pushed me against the soft grass. Trailing kisses down my neck and stomach. My wolf talked to me don't fight it. He loves us even after what he did. He marked you to prove it. Just accept him. She said. He doesn't love us I told her but she wouldn't let me leave. She made me enjoy the pleasure Kace gave me that night.