Chapter 11

When I wake up the small girl is gone. It makes me feel like it was all just a dream. But yet, somehow, I knew it wasn't. I felt a pang of loneliness run through me. It had been nice to know someone had actually needed me. To know that I had protected someone. But I guess that couldn't last long. My life was just boring and confusing.

I leave my shelter to drink from the stream. The heat made me thirsty so I sat in the shade of an old oak tree. I had picked a stem of sugarcane to nibble on. The sweetness making the emptiness in my stomach more bare able. I start thinking of the small girl again. I wanted to protect her the way aunt Kathy had protected me.

I start to cry from the memory of what happened to aunt Kathy. She never deserved to die. She was only trying to protect me, to give me a chance in life. Instead she had paid the price at the expense of her life. I know I will never forget that day. The scar on my face that I see every time I look at my reflection is a constant reminder to what had happened . Even my sister had died for me.

She had been our parents favorite. Everyone thought she was destined to be the Luna of our pack. But she died for me just like aunt Kathy did. However my sister had died first. I'll never forget how my parents always said 'it should have been you' every day. Aunt Kathy told me to not listen to them. That it wasn't my fault. That my twin sister had chose to die for me. Because she loved me.

But what confused me was she never showed any love towards me. Whenever we went anywhere together she would act like she didn't know me. Or that I was supposed to be treated the way the pack did. She would push me, pinch me, trip me, so why would she die for me? I never understood that. And I guess I never will. I hadn't realized I had started to cry until I sobbed.

I didn't bother to stop until someone clamped there hand over my mouth. They put there other arm around my arms and someone else tied my legs and hands together. I was blindfolded and tied up then threw into the back of a car. Then I was painfully knocked out and consumed by darkness.