Chapter 25

A/N: Okay so this chapter is going to contain an explanation about Kace and everything pretty much. Also I'm working on a new story called The Alphas Rogue I'll let you guys know when the first chapter is published!

Emmeline's P.O.V
When I wake up I expect to still be by the river. Instead when I wake up I feel sore and am sitting on a hard concrete floor. It's pitch black so I can't see anything. When I try to reach out and find a wall, a door, or anything I become aware that my hands are securely tied behind my back.

I lay on the cold hard ground for what feels like hours. I start to wonder if anyone is aware that I'm gone. Or for how long I've been gone.

A small amount of light becomes visible in one area of the room. Like light coming from under a door.  Then I hear a handle turn and the light in the room is switched on. Making me have to close my eyes and adjust to the light after being left in the dark for so long.

A woman walks into the room a smile on her face. She looks absolutely stunning. Her hair flows down her back perfectly straight and a bright blonde. Her skin is fair and completely flawless. Her eyes are a beautiful silver that I've never seen before. She wears a silver dress that flows beautifully down her legs. Her smile is bright and she carries an air of love and compassion.

"Emmeline I'm glad to see you awake" she says in a voice so soft it could blow away in the wind. She looks at my bound hands. Then looks over at the soft bed not far away from me. The duvet is silver and looks like silk. Her eyes harden for a moment and she huffs before looking back at me, her eyes softening once more. "I told them not to tie you up. You look like a prisoner" she said irritably.

She walked over to me and bent down untying my wrists. I rubbed them lightly and felt how sore every part of my body was. She held a hand out to me and I took it. I wondered who she was. She seemed so nice. "I'm the moon goddess" she told me, almost like she had read my mind. "But you may call me Selene."

It seemed far fetched but I wouldn't not believe it. The woman looked like she could be the moon goddess the way she looked and acted. It still didn't answer why I was here though. She led me over to the bed and I sat. The bed was even more comfortable than the ones Kace had.

"I'm sorry for the way my guards have treated you. I told them to take care of you but they like to ensure I stay safe. But right now I think you want an explanation more than anything my dear" she said sitting beside me as I nodded.

"You see I know how confused you are right now. You don't know who to trust. You don't trust Kace and I can understand that. You've been through a lot I know that to. But I also know just how strong you can be Emmeline.

"As for the part about Kace there is something you don't know about. I know Anna showed you that Kace was the one who had your Aunt and sister killed. But that's not the truth. Kace used to have a twin brother named Cameron. They looked exactly alike, and what you saw was Cameron. Cameron was the one who bullied you and had the people you loved killed.

"Afterwards Kace found you after all those years and found out you were his mate. Cameron was still alive then, but Kace was the favorite and took aver as Alpha. Once he found out you were his mate he had Cameron killed knowing you would want him dead for after what he did. He wanted you to be happy in your new home, with him.

"Anna was livid when she found out because Cameron was her favorite brother. That's why she made you believe it was Kace who did all of those things.

"Also about your sister. You may think she is dead but she isn't. Actually you two have still been in touch you just don't know it.

"Emmeline Alex is your sister." The moon goddess smiled and sighed before continuing.

"Yes I know your still confused about Kace sleeping with another girl. But, Kace was more or less forced to do it. The girl was one of Anna's closest friends, Kara, and had always had a crush on Kace. Kara told Kace about how Anna still kept in touch with you and how close you to were. She said if he didn't do it he could have Anna sneak in right then and kill you, because she would use that friendship between you. She was actually right outside the window when Kara told him. He loves you to much to lose you so he did it. Then he paid the price by losing you and your trust and he became blinded with anger. But not with you but with Kara and himself.

"Emmeline believe me when I say he loves you. Right now he's going crazy as they try to find you. You see I had to hide your scent because I couldn't lead them here. And they can't know about any of this" she said.

It was a lot to take in. Alex was my sister, Kace didn't sleep with her by choice, Kace hadn't killed my aunt, but one thing kept bothering me. "Selene why didn't he kill Anna when he had the chance. I know I sound like a bad person for saying that but he knew she despised him so" I trailed off and Selene gave me a sad smile.

"Kace had already killed one of his siblings, he didn't want to have to bear the weight of killing another she said. "One more thing though" I said and she nodded. "When will Kace find me" I asked. "Whenever you desire I will let them find your scent and lead you to a safe place a distance away from where where they can find you" she said.

"Would you like to eat" she said as she stood up. "Yes please" I became aware of just how hungry I was in that moment. She led me to the dining hall and two places were already set with a chicken salad in front of them. I sat beside her and we chatted as she talked. She even said that she had healed me and I could have healthy kids with no problems or risks once again.

That afternoon after I showered and changed into a sweater, leggings, and black combat boots she led me a distance away where I sat on a large rock and we said our goodbyes.

Not long after Kace came running into the beautiful clearing where I sat with my arms wrapped around my legs on top of my rock and smiled down at him. He smiled back and I hopped down and ran over to him and he picked me up and hugged me. My legs wrapped around him as we kissed. I had never felt happier in my life. Right now everything made sense.

"You have no idea how worried I was about you" he said as he sat me down but still kept me wrapped in a warm hug. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment. "Lets go home" he said although it sounded more like a question and I nodded. He picked me up bridal style and I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my head in his neck as we made our way home.

...................

I must have fallen asleep because I woke up in mine and Kace's bed. His arms wrapped tightly around me and my head on his chest listening to his heart beat. We were both still in our cloths.

Carefully I slide out of his embrace and get up and go to the bathroom. After I brush my teeth and pull my hair back into a ponytail it starts to get hot and I go to the closet and take of my sweater and put on a tank top and shorts hoping it will cool off.

It only seems to get hotter and hotter so I get up and get in a cold bath. My skin seems to be burning from the inside out. Beads of sweat start to roll down my face as I wet my hair, trying anything to make the burning sensation go away.

Suddenly it hits me. I know exactly what it is. I'm on my heat.