Blurryface - 1

You don't have to read this. It's gonna be a long one.

I think? These are my favorite song lyrics from twenty one pilots albums.

They mean a lot to me. Really. They are part of who I am.

Some may surprise you, some may not.

Lyrics in italics will be more important than others, I reckon you pay attention to those.

This chapter: Blurryface

Heavydirtysoul

"This is not rap, this is not hip hop- just another attempt to make the voices stop."

"I wasn't the only one who wasn't rushing to say nothing."

"You got one time to figure it out; one time to twist and one time to shout."

Stressed Out

"My name's Blurryface and I care what you think."

"When our mama sang us to sleep, but now we're stressed out."

"Used to dream of outer space, but now they're laughing at our face saying 'wake up you need to make money'"

Ride

"Metaphorically I'm the man, but literally i don't know what I'd do."

"Help me."

Fairly Local

"What I shouldn't do, I will."

"Is that who I truly am? I truly don't have a chance."

"I know who I truly am. I truly do have a chance."

Tear In My Heart

"I'm alive."

"You fell asleep in my, car I drove the whole time. But that's okay I'll just avoid the holes so you sleep fine. I'm driving here, I sit, cursing my government, for not using my taxes to fill holes with more cement."

"My heart is my armor, she's the tear in my heart."

Lane Boy

"If it wasn't for this music, I don't know how I would've fought this."

"Don't trust a perfect person, and don't trust a song that's flawless."

"Who would you live and die for on that list? But the problem is, there's another list that exists and no one wants really wants to think about this."

"all these songs I'm hearing are so heartless"

The Judge

"and his fore walls declared him insane."

"But I'm not good with directions, and I hide behind my mouth. I'm a pro at imperfections and I'm best friends with my doubt."

"wow, I probably should have stayed inside my house."

"I don't know if this song is a surrender or a revel. I don't know if this one is about me or the devil."

Doubt

"scared of my own ceiling,"

"I'm not sure if I can see this ever stopping."

"Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts- no!"

Polarize

"I think I lost my halo. I don't know where you are. You'll have to come and find me."

We Don't Believe What's On TV

"We have all learned to kill our dreams."

"I don't care what's in your hair, I just wanna know what's on your mind."

"What if my dream does not happen? Would I just change what I've told my friends?"

Message Man

"no no no no no no, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah."

"A lose hides behind a mask of my disguise."

"You don't know my brain the way you know my name, you don't know my heart the way you know my face."

"together we're losers, remember the future, remember the morning is when night is dead."

Hometown

"where we're from, we're no one. Our hometown's in the dark."

"we don't know, we don't know where to find what once was in our bones."

Not Today

"I don't know why, I just feel I'm better off staying in the same room I was born in. I look outside and see a whole world better off, without me in it trying to transform it."

"Listen I know, this one's a contradiction because of how happy it sounds. But the lyrics are so down."

"It's okay though, because it represents- better yet it is- who I feel I am, right now."

"Don't you test me though, just because I play the piano doesn't mean I, am not willing to take you down. I'm sorry."

"Oh not today."

Goner

"Though I'm weak and beaten down, I'll slip away into the sound."

"i'm inside out, you're underneath."

"Don't let me be gone."