02; Angel's Family

ESME'S POV

ESME'S POV

WEDNESDAY 13th SEPTEMBER 2017

Wednesday rolled around and I was preparing for my day at school when I heard Spencer yelling loudly downstairs. "Eve, put the shoes on now!" He screamed and I slipped on my Vans and rushed down the stairs to see my little sister sat on the floor with her arms crossed and her shoes sat next to her. Spencer was leaned over her with an angry face.

"Where are mom and dad?" I asked whilst kneeling down beside my sister.

"They left early, we have to drop her off at school but she won't put her shoes on," he sighed and rubbed a hand over his face.

"Evie, why don't you put your shoes on so we can go?" I asked her sweetly.

"No!" She screamed right in my face.

I grabbed her shoes and briskly put them onto her feet before strapping them on with the Velcro. "You do not shout at us, young lady," I said sternly. "Now, get your bag and get into the car."

She jumped up and ran to get her bag straight away. "And you," I pointed at my brother. "You don't shout at her, she won't respond to shouting. She's a little girl so just talk to her," I sighed.

"She just drives me crazy sometimes," he admitted and I nodded. "I'm sorry, okay? Can we just go now?"

"Come on then Evie!" I called to her and she came scurrying down the stairs with her bag on her back. We left out of the front door and headed for Spencer's car where I strapped Eve into her car seat.

After I had sorted Evie out I got into the car next to Spencer and slammed it behind me. He started driving immediately towards Eve's school. "Why would mom and dad have another kid if they aren't even gonna look after it?" He snarled and turned the corner. Eve's school was about a minute away from ours and so I didn't know why he complained about it so much.

"Don't talk about her like that, Spencer. She's in the back of the car," I said quietly to our brother.

"I didn't mean it like that-"

"You don't want me here?" Eve started to whimper.

"No baby, we do," I turned around and looked at her with a smile. "We love having a baby sister," I pushed a curl behind her ear and nodded.

"Spence is a meanie," she crossed her arm over her chest.

"He's a super meanie, shall we make him do the dishes tonight as punishment?" I asked her with a cheeky grin on my face and she nodded happily, content with our brothers punishment.

"You're so boring, Esme," Spencer rolled his eyes.

"You're such a... meanie," I retorted back rather dumbly and Spencer laughed, ruffling my hair.