09; Sneaking Out With Angel

ESME'S   POV

ESME'S POV

MONDAY 18th SEPTEMBER 2017

        "How did the meeting go?" Spencer asked as he placed down a plate of vegetarian lasagne in front of me and then placed a smaller one in front of Eve. 

 "It actually went really well. There were three girls, their parents, Eve's teacher and the head teacher. Two of the main girls were suspended for a week and one girl got afternoon detentions for a week, they all have to write her an apology letter and the head teacher, parents and her teacher assured me that if it happened again then the girls would be expelled."

 "That's amazing," Spencer smiled and lightly squeezed Eve's cheeks. "Are you okay buddy?"

 "Good tah! Essie was great," Eve proudly beamed at me.

 "You're welcome sweetie," I kissed the top of her head and started to dig into my food. Mom and dad said they would be back soon but that was a while ago and so we went ahead and had some dinner.

 "I heard you had a panic attack earlier," Spencer looked at me with concern whilst he lowered himself down onto his chair.

 I nodded. "Yeah, it wasn't a bad one because I didn't faint but I went home because I wasn't in the best mood and felt super faint."

 "Was Wren or Jen there?" He asked.

 "Yeah, Wren calmed me down and then Kyle took me home," I smiled. Kyle dropped me off at home and then checked in with me an hour or so later to make sure I was okay. He acted like a real asshole but he was kind when he wanted to be.

 I shovelled a forkful of lasagna into my mouth and happily chomped on the delicious food that Spencer had made us. "Where are mommy and daddy?" Eve asked. I looked at my watch and saw it was seven o'clock. For us that was late to eat but because I had been at a meeting and Spencer didn't know what we wanted for dinner we were having to eat unusually late.

 "I'm not too sure, they'll be home soon though," I assured her. I glanced at Spencer with the side of my eye and saw he was doing the same thing. Last time they were home very late it was because they had a massive argument and mom had stormed off - dad came home very late at night after searching for mom and said he couldn't find her anywhere. She came back a few days later.

 After dinner I packed away the dishes whilst Spencer got Eve ready for bed. She didn't usually go to bed early but she was tired and so he said he would read her some of a book and then she could go to sleep around her normal time. I was polishing the kitchen sides just as he was done reading her some of the first Harry Potter book, she really wanted to read them but was not good at reading herself and so asked us to read it to her before she went to bed.