21; Lost Angel

ESME'S POV

ESME'S POV

MONDAY 9th OCTOBER 2017

       I didn't even know how long I had been wandering around in various parks, fields and roads in the pouring rain but before I knew it my phone was dead and it was almost pitch black. I had started by just wanting to get some fresh air and think but I soon realised that I had been so in thought I had no idea where I was and how to get home. It did not help that I left the house in the morning with 20% charge in the morning and my phone was dead after the call with Spencer.

 I heard a crack of thunder ahead and looked up at the dark sky just as raindrops began to pound onto the floor and soaked me completely. I had to find a phone somewhere.

 I walked in circles on a certain road and was so close to giving up and just sleeping on a bench before I saw a diner with it's lights still on. I picked up my pace and raced to shelter in the food establishment and hopefully a phone to call somebody. I finally made it to the diner and when I stepped inside I saw it was pretty much empty other than a couple in the corner and a happy waitress behind the counter.

 "Good evening my love, are you okay?" The lady asked me. "You're drenched!"

 "I'm so sorry to bother you but I am extremely lost and my phone is dead," I almost laughed at how pathetic I sounded but the woman seemed to take pity in my and raced around the counter for a hug.

 "Oh my dear! Do you remember any numbers of family members to get ahold of?" She asked and then I realised I had no way of getting anybody's numbers and so I shook my head. "What about the police?" She asked and my eyes suddenly widened.

 "My dad is the Sheriff, I could call and ask if he's there," I placed a hand to my head in happiness and the lady happily went to grab her mobile phone. I dialled the number for the local police station that the lady kindly got for me and soon the police answered.

 "This is the police, what is your emergency please?" I immediately recognised the voice with the gruffness.

 "Gerry! It's Esmeralda, is my father there?" I rushed to him.

 "Essie!" He cheered. "No your dad has taken some time off due to stress, I would have assumed you'd know that but is everything okay?"

 "Not really. I'm completely lost, drenched and my phone has died. I have no idea how to get home. I just really need your help," I begged him.

 "Course love, I can be there in a few minutes. Do you know where you are?" He asked me and I looked at the woman who had helped me. I asked her where exactly I was.