29; Angel's Tough Talk

ESME'S  POV

ESME'S  POV

MONDAY 23rd OCTOBER 2017

        I wandered over to a table where a group of teenagers had just left from and I placed several empty cups on my tray along with their empty plates and then headed back to the kitchen to place them into the sink. "How are you and Wren?" Kirsty asked me and then placed two large Coke's on my tray to take to a table.

 "There is no Wren and I now," I replied casually before walking over to a table with a young couple to place down the drinks in front of them. "Are you ready to order?" I asked with a bright and fake smile.

 "Not yet," the girl Kindly grinned back at me and so I nodded and walked back to where Kirsty was stood.

 "What do you mean? You broke up?" She gasped and leaned on the counter ready for me to spill the gossip. Kirsty was in her late thirties with a husband and children but still got giddy when I had some teenage drama to share with her - usually it wasn't my drama but I still told her. 

 I nodded and placed my tray down on the counter. "He cheated on me and so I called it a day, we're not even friends anymore," I shrugged and watched as she placed her hand over her mouth in shock.

 "That bastard," she whispered to me so the customers wouldn't hear her curse.

 "It's really okay, I'm more upset that I lost him as my best friend than as a boyfriend. It must mean we weren't right for each other in that way," I admitted honestly to her.

 "Going from best friends to something more can sometimes be amazing and create perfect relationships or it can go down like a lead balloon," she smiled. "Well I hate to be a Debby downer but you have a table to serve," she patted my shoulder and then went back to sorting out her taxes behind the counter.

 I picked up my notepad and walked towards the table where people had just sat down without looking up from my notes. "Hello and welcome to Kirsty's Diner, I am Esme and I will be your waitress today. Would you like anything to drink?" I asked and then finally looked up to see my father sat down with a sheepish look on his face. "Are you kidding me?" I gulped down a scream.

 "You're a rather rude waitress," the young blond woman sat opposite him complained.

 "Karen, this is my daughter Esmeralda," my father awkwardly smiled at me. "How have you been doing Sport?" He asked.

 "Waiting for my dad to give a damn about his family again but it seems like you're too busy sleeping around," I shook my head at the man I used to look up to. "I can't believe you abandoned your family and took a break from work because you're so heart broken about mom and then I see you flaunting your new fancy woman around the place that your kids live!" I spat at him.