19; Angel's Date Night

ESME'S POV

FRIDAY 6th OCTOBER 2017

         By Friday I still had a rather bad cold but my sickness bug seemed to have faded and I was preparing with Jenna to go on a "date" with Wren in this fancy looking restaurant that he claimed I would 'totally love' even though he knows my despise for overpriced food and classical music. Jenna was painting my lips with light pink lipstick and chatting about how she met George who was one of Kyle's best mates and absolutely adored him. 

 "Have you kissed him?" I asked her and saw when she blushed a tinge of pink. "You kissed him!" I giggled and she covered her cheeks with her hands in embarrassment. 

 "A lady never kisses and tells," she smiled cheekily before she turned around and picked up a blush pink colored dress and held it up to me. It was a midi-dress and seemed to not show too much or too little cleavage and so I reached out to touch the soft fabric. "I saw it and thought it was very you," she said whilst looking at the dress she had picked for me.

 I nodded. "It's lovely," I took the dress from her hands and dropped the dressing gown I was changed into so that I could slip on the fabric. Jenna spritzed me with her Victoria Secret perfume and then aided me into my white high heels. "Do I look alright?" I asked her with a nervous grin.

 "You look gorgeous Essie," she squealed and clapped her hands together. "Imagine if you and Wren started dating, I would constantly be third-wheeling your asses," she rolled her eyes and then started to pack away her make-up brushes.

 I shook my head. "We will always have our girly nights," I giggled with her and then picked up my phone when it buzzed on the table. "Wren's downstairs," I told her nervously.

 "Well I'll be here when you get back and you can tell me all about it," she clapped her hands together again.

 I smiled and sucked in a deep breath. "Thank you for waiting for me," I gave her a hug and then waved when I left the bedroom. I walked into the hallway and immediately bumped into Kyle who was coming out of his room with Penny right behind him. I looked between the two of them and saw the red splotches on her neck and the make-up stains on his face.

 "Hey freako," Penny giggled at me. "We were just... Getting ready," she poked Kyle's side and bit her lip.

 I shook my head at Kyle. "Really?"

 He looked down at my dress and then away from me. "Where are you going tonight?" He asked me blandly.

 "Has freak got a date?" She asked me and I gulped back the tears that I felt were coming.