20; Angel's Past

ESME'S POV

ESME'S POV

MONDAY 9th OCTOBER 2017

         On Monday I walked into school holding my folders to my chest and saw people glancing at me as I walked down the hall. "Why is everyone looking?" Kyle whispered to me and I shrugged. Kyle and I had spoken since he got angry at me but we hadn't brought up the kiss once as it seemed like a touchy subject.

 I made my way to my locker and opened it but I was very aware of people staring directly at me. "Seriously nobody ever pays attention to me, are they looking at you?" I mumbled to him and he shook his head whilst looking around at people.

 "Nope, definitely you," I took a shaky breath and placed the books I didn't need into the locker before closing it. When I turned around I expected people to go back to what they were doing but instead their eyes remained firmly glued to me and whispers continued to leave their mouths. "Everyone can get back to their own lives now!" Kyle beckoned to the students in the hallway and immediately gazes were averted.

 "Have I sat in something or what?" I asked and attemped looking at my bottom but I didn't see anything on my jeans.

 "Is that an offer for me to stare at your ass?" Kyle teased and waved at Calvin and George when he saw them down the hallway.

 "Hey have you told Esme about my party this weekend?" Calvin asked and I looked up at Kyle with raised eyebrows.

 "Am I not cool enough to be invited to this so called party?" I challenged him.

 "Oh dear Angel, you are not cool enough to even use the word cool," Kyle retorted with a smirk which I replied to with a glare.

 I turned to Calvin. "Well, I am super cool and trendy and I will be at the party."

 "Did you just use the word trendy in the 21st century?" George tried to hide his smile but I saw the amusement in his eyes.

 I scowled at George also but was distracted when another group of students I hardly knew walked past me and side-eyed me very indiscreetly. "Why is everyone looking at her?" Kyle asked his friends, hoping that they had the answers.

 "I didn't even know people knew you existed," Calvin smirked at me.

 "Apparently they do today for some reason," I said and turned my head slightly to see that people were looking at me again. "It's making me super uncomfortable though, I'm used to blending in with the lockers."