4.

Becca

"I'm back." 

I called out to a scowling Casey as I passed the concierge desk. I chuckled to myself, she has been that way since Annalisa pulled me aside and explained to me the new part of my job earlier today. I was flabbergasted. Moments after reading articles of the American-born Duke I was given the opportunity to be of service to him. I did make a promise to myself to find out the truth without a 'how-to' plan then this came.

Looking for my manager I smiled remembering the way he said my name, I wanted him to say it over and over. Spotting Mr. Raymond at a dining room now being decorated I quickly ran to his side. "Here's Mr. McRoy's meal sir. He requested that you deliver it." I said in a hushed tone.

"Oh. I can't leave at the moment. Do you mind taking it up? He won't mind. If he complains don't take it to heart." he said in an equally hushed tone while handing me the penthouse key. Was this my lucky day? Do I have a fairy godmother out there? I took the key with a solemn face but inside I was screaming like a fangirl.

"Very well sir."

Ignoring the shocked expression on Casey's face I rushed to the elevator and inserted the key, I wanted to see him again. But why? Looking at my expression in the mirrored walls, my animated grin fell, "I do want to know the reason why he left but why am I so excited to see him again?" I asked myself. Sebastien was every girl's perfect guy as I was told by the gossip sites, many wanted him. They even had a fan club for him. "Maybe it's my female right to go giddy over him, "I said out loud just as the doors opened. Taking a deep breath, I made my way down the hall to the first door, knocking twice earned me what sounded like a distracted order to come in. My heart was beating faster for some reason as I entered the little entryway. The soft lighting in each section of the large area was beautiful. "Thank you, uncle."

Uncle? Was Mr. Raymond really related to him?

I was about to correct him when he looked up from his position on the sofa. My breath hitched seeing him in grey sweatpants and a t-shirt that clung to his torso. What had my appreciation of the perfect view of him go higher was the fact he wore glasses. Thick framed that was sliding down his slim nose, unconsciously he re-positioned it with his finger with his focus still on me. He too seems surprised, his eyes weren't as piercing as early. It showed tiredness and......

"What are you doing here?" he asked, more like demanded.

..... adoring feeling is gone.

"Delivering your dinner." I snapped.

He raised his eyebrows at my tone. I mentally cursed myself for retorting in such a manner. "I mean..... Mr. Raymond asked me to deliver it since he at the time was busy." I corrected myself.

"Too busy to tend to his guests?" he asked slowly approaching me. Taking a deep breath I forced a smile to my face before I answered. "He sent his regrets." I lied. Sebastien looked me over just as he did earlier, this time I was miffed.

"Can you stop that?"I spat.

"Do you speak to all of your guests this way?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Only to ones who  act like the world is theirs." I retorted making my way to the dining table, carefully placing his quick dinner on a placemat. He didn't move from his spot by the archway as I took liberty in placing the extra burger and nuggets in the microwave. Coming out of the kitchen, I saw he haven't moved an inch from his spot. I knew he was watching me but I didn't let on.

 "Your dinner will get cold. Well, your burger actually."

"Thank you, Miss Callum," he said softly.

"It's Becca and you're welcome." I returned giving him a smile. He quickly turned away, paying close attention to his meal. "Yes. Becca."

Something in his tone changed I wanted to ask if he was okay but he seemed a bit out of it. He ate stiffly taking a bite out of the burger while staring distantly to the wall. I fought with myself whether to stay or go but after seeing him take one more bite without much gusto I made my way over to him. Being the bold person I was, I took a seat next to him. "What are you doing?" he asked looking over at me. Gone was the cold arrogant tone, all I heard was someone who was just tired. "Giving you company."

"Are you always this forward?" he asked fully turning to me. I shrugged my shoulders, boldly taking one of his fries. "Yup. Most people find it so appalling when I do but I see it as them not wanting to hear the truth."

Sebastien chuckled deeply taking a drink of his shake, his laugh was amazing. It didn't reach his eyes but I can see that it took great effort. "How's the burger now?" I asked with a smirk, noting how he now ate with gusto. He glanced my way, an amused smile on his face giving me a thumbs up. "There you go. That's how you eat a burger." I joked.

"Thank you once again," he said offering some of his milkshake. I refused amazed at the change of his attitude. "Why do you do it?"

"Do what?" he asked dipping a fry in the chocolate shake. At first, I didn't mean to ask the question but seeing him like this compared to the man I first met I had to, now I had to ask the follow-up question.

"Why do you show the world the harsh unforgiving side but not this side."

Without saying a word he continued to eat ignoring me completely. A part of me was disappointed that once again he was closed off while another part was very content with it. Somehow it told me how delicate the reason behind it all was. Reporters have been trying to get a hold as to what happened to him four years ago but no one was lucky to figure it out. I asked Casey to bug her sister about it but she was tight-lipped about it also.

Sebastien turned to me his grey eyes once again cold, "Good night Becca." We held each other's gazes before I took my leave. He didn't make a move as I left the table, he sat there stiffly once more unseeingly looking out the window. "Good night Sebastien," I said more to myself closing the door behind me.