22.

Sebastien

The night I've been waiting for was here. In my mind, I knew my mother had to be the most excited one. I had to end our last call by force, she was trying to pick my brain as to what Becca will like from wine to jewelry. They both wanted to spoil her, even her father Kellan. After their lunch meeting, he visited me at my office to gush about her. The happiness in his eyes was a comfort to see, I was happy that Becca brought him back to life. I knew he missed his wife but now he was back to his old self. They both had a grand time talking, found out they had a lot of things in common even made plans to visit his family. What made me proud of my girl was how eager she was to meet him again. She invited him to the family dinner which we didn't mind.

Thinking of family dinner, I finally got dressed and was ready to meet my parents downstairs. This was Becca's big night. The grand re-opening of Benedict's. I was lucky to see how dedicated she was to this opening and making sure the staff was comfortable. At night she brings home, work and sits next to me at my desk while we both work in silence, occasionally bouncing off ideas with each other. It was great to have someone who understood the business enough to help me when my eyes are threatening to close for sleep.

Taking one last look at myself I had a silly smirk on my face. As usual, she picked out my outfit before she left for work this morning. I loved whatever she chose. The penthouse felt empty without her laughter and teasing, I couldn't wait to see her. Grabbing my wallet and phone I made my way down to the waiting car.

"You look so handsome tonight." was the greeting I received from my mother as I entered the limo. "Thank you, mother. Goodnight father." I returned as I received a small hug from them each.

"All Becca's doing."

"Ah! I see she doesn't mind your glasses." mother commented with a small smile. Rolling my eyes, I knew she wanted to make that comment for a while now.

"Yes. She doesn't mind and helps me focus in the mornings. I'm really grateful to her. I can't wait for you two to meet her. She will be a bit busy but I know she will make time for us." I returned. I caught my parents sharing a smile before they nodded in understanding. I was a bit nervous no matter how excited they were to meet her. Becca is my everything.

Approaching the restaurant I knew it was going to be a fanfare but not this big. A barricade was built to allow the patrons to enter safely, they were surprised at the reporters. Ahead I saw a couple stepping out of a town car, "Isn't that Sampson?" I said aloud craning my neck to see better.

"It is. Thank heavens he left that woman." my mother commented with a huff. She was a gentle soul and it took a lot to get her to see you like a thorn. Father and I simply hummed uninterested. We haven't discussed the day but it was mutually decided not to. That chapter was closed. Finally, the limo came to a stop and I hurriedly stepped out onto the sidewalk, instantly the crowds erupted. Helping my mother out they went wilder knowing my parents have accompanied me. "This surely gets old." my father commented taking my mother's other arm as we both escorted her up the little pathway.

The questions began to fly over our heads about the video interview then they moved on to Becca. They were all still curious about her and they will stay that way. I know she can protect herself but I wanted to keep her life out of their radar. We gave them a smile and a small wave before stepping into the hostess area. The young lady standing at the podium got still and wide-eyed in shock. "Hello table of five for McRoy" I stated with a smile. A few other patrons came in and she was still shell-shocked.

I was about to ask again when I caught a glimpse of red hair then the sound of a very melodic laugh. The smile on my face got wider when I saw her coming towards me. Her blue eyes were shining and were only focused on me. It was then I saw her attire. Chuckling at her cuteness in our matching outfits I opened my arms to accept her curvy body against mine. "It's been six hours and I missed you," she said softly against my neck. I held on to her tighter kissing her neck, "I missed you too. You look simply breathtaking." I returned. Not caring for an audience I framed her face with my hands and placed a kiss on her red glossed lips. Slowly I moved my lips against hers allowing us both to feel each electrifying tingle that course through our body, making one kiss so powerful. She was addictive, my own special drug. I wanted more of her. Her light touches were always a spark to the raging emotions inside me. Feeling her little bites on my lips rewarded her with a chuckle against hers. The sound of a camera going off stopped us from going any further. "Question. Are we going to be that kind of matching hopelessly in love couple?" I asked kissing her lips briefly.