17.

Becca

My feet were killing me and my eyes burned. All the aches and pains of my body were welcomed, it felt good to actually do work, not sit at a desk and wait for a call. It was near seven and the car was outside waiting patiently for me. The dinner service was about to begin so I gave my last walkthrough, looking over the work the staff and I did earlier today. My next stop was the kitchen.

"All good and ready?" I asked the crew with a smile.

"Yes ma'am," they answered enthusiastically. The chef, a middle-aged Britain came up to me with four large to-go boxes. "Thank you for today. It feels good to be back. Here is dinner. Send my greetings to his grace. " he said handing me the packages.

"Thank you, Anson. I know he will love it as much as I did."

My first day was great, I didn't expect to be welcomed so warmly. I was able to identify the problems immediately and fix the ones that were in dire need. The owner was a young woman by the name of Marina Benedict, the restaurant was her inheritance from her late father. Though her passion wasn't in the restaurant business she still decided to keep it open due to loyal patrons and the history of the place. It was closed for nearly two years because of her father's illness. To me, it was an honor to help bring it back to its former glory.

Waving goodbye to them all I hurried out, dialing Sebastien's number at the same time. I missed him all day, pleased that he gave me space I longed to just have idle conversations with him. "Good evening Miss Callum. Allow me to take your bags." the driver said greeting me with a tremulous smile.

"Thank you, Sammy," I answered distractedly. My call to Sebastien wasn't connecting. I tried three more times with each call going unanswered I worried more. Throughout the whole ride back to the hotel I kept on calling him. When the car stopped at the entrance I quickly made my way out of the car, my main objective was getting to Sebastien. We agreed to have dinner in my room this morning, hope he remembered.

"C'mon." The elevator chose the perfect time not to co-operate. While waiting I tried his number again. "Baby answer. Please." I begged.

"Trouble in paradise already. Take it from me. His type doesn't really settle for ....your type." The unmistakable voice of Casey behind my back got me annoyed instantly. "Thanks for the tip."

"What did you do to get him? Fuck him the first night he sent you out for dinner. Made you his bitch." she continued with a sneer. "I don't have the time for this jealous chick bit you're spieling," I said brushing her off.

"The whole hotel is talking about how much of a gold-digging slut you are. That was your plan when you applied here huh." She was now directly in front of me, invading my personal space. "If it's your own nature you're trying to pass off on me you need to back the fuck off. You saw dollar signs while I saw the real him. He chose me not the way you probably will go about getting a rich dude. Now if you have no more insults to share I suggest you step the fuck off." I ranted, completely pissed off by her thinking and anxiety of not knowing where Sebastien was.

Casey scoffed and turned her back to leave, flipping her bottle-blonde hair over her shoulder. Just in the nick of time, the elevator reached, "No time for high school cliches" I muttered to myself as I entered the elevator.

It felt like forever when I reached my floor, I ran as fast as my aching feet will let me. I unlocked the door expecting to see lights in the apartment but it was dark minus the light from the hallway. Dropping my bag in defeat, I redialed Sebastien's number walking slowly into the den it was there I heard his phone ringtone blaring simultaneously to my call. "Baby?" I rushed towards the sound, I stumbled over what felt like a bottle, falling to my hands and knees. With my eyes now accustomed to the dark and the faint moonlight from the windows, I was able to see the beer bottles on the floor. Looking further up I saw a figure in the armchair facing the window. "Sebastien?" I called out once again.