7.

Sebastien

"Never again," I mumbled to myself struggling to get out of bed. The sunlight wasn't helping, it also reminded me to close the blinds at night. Everything that happened came back to me, even to the last person I saw before I fell asleep. Something bright caught my attention in my peripheral vision. Turning to the nightstand I saw a bright pink sticky note with one line written on it. 'Take this.'

I took the two pills obediently smiling at how she thought of it beforehand. The smile disappeared when last night's events came back once more. Ronnie's appearance at the ball after I spoke to her mother wasn't a simple coincidence. Their plan was so obvious. They wanted to be under the McRoy name once again. Being related or connected to us in some sort of way opened major doors. I will never stoop so low to take her back. She will be the poison to kill, me and the family. I have to get rid of the past. I must. For myself and my future.

Finally having the strength to go to the bathroom, someone knocked on my door. "What is it?" I shouted.

"The cats are fed. Documents that need finalizing are here. Free for the rest of the day. I'm also taking this as my time off. Have fun."

An amused smile formed on my face by how straightforward my assistant was, she was a great friend and I appreciated how brash she was towards me over the years. From a loving doting family who was mindful of my feelings to a woman on a mission who on a daily had a 'fuck your feelings' attitude. It was refreshing and needed.

"Thank you, Annalisa." I returned.

"You're welcome, Your Grace."

My mind was currently on the topic of what to do for the rest of the day. I knew I had planned dinner with Becca tonight and other nights but I wanted to see her sooner than that. I actually stopped moving in the shower, rethinking my last thought. The doubts of moving on weren't there, my heart wasn't beating in fear, I actually wanted to see how this goes. Being around her felt right. With my mind made up, I hurried out of the shower to get dressed quickly. Isis and Rhameses were silently watching me from the bed as I got dressed. "I know this is quite fast but I want to get better," I said out loud. It became a freakishly common thing for me to talk to myself out loud, also talking to my cats. Sometimes they respond accordingly while other times they stay silent. Judgment is felt when they do that at times.

"Maybe Becca is really the person who can help me." I continued looking for my messenger bag with my devices. They both followed me to the living room where I grabbed the documents and phone simultaneously. I was nervous to call her even after last night. I knew I was drunk but wasn't completely out of it. She got a bit of an insight into why I was like this. I guess it answered her question from the previous night. What surprised me was that she stayed and took care of me, also admitted that she too couldn't deny the pull. Taking a deep breath I called the front desk.

"Concierge Service. This is Casey speaking how can I help?"

I was mildly disappointed but found myself determined to do what's right for me. "I am currently trying to reach Miss Rebecca Callum. Can you direct me to her please?" I asked politely. There was a short pause with her before she responded, with this was a drastic change in tone. "Unfortunately Miss Callum has been moved to the night shift. She now has a room here. Would you like her number sir?"

"That will be wonderful." Ignoring the snarky tone she gave me, I jotted down the number, hanging up immediately to call Becca. Each ring of the phone got me nervous and anxious at the same time. This woman evoked so many feelings in my body that I ought to be scared but I truly wasn't.