21.

Dante

"It was more like a domino effect all over social media. Debates began. Fans voiced their opinions. This is the biggest scoop for reporters about this society and it isn't looking too good for the Hurst family." Jeanie Palone of Morning Views stated with a very bright smile.

"Actually there is another bomb that has been dropped also including the Hurst family. They can't catch a break huh?" her co-host Sandra interjected.

Sitting in the den while Dane played at my feet I took in the entertainment news that was recently aired. Sebastien's assistant gave me the heads up when Veronica and her mother Victoria tried to feed a media team their fake news. The McRoy family had eyes on all major media companies knowing the Hursts women will use either one of them. They were one step ahead of them.

"Sources reported Mrs. Victoria Hurst and her daughter Veronica, ex-fiance of Sebastien McRoy came to E! Weekly offices with word of kidnapping and in need of their help. The story they wished to be aired was deemed falsified by no other than the McRoys. Every question the reporters and fans have been asking over the past four years has been answered."

"You're right, Jeanie. This exclusive interview was taken by the one reporter the McRoys trust Mr. Mike Callaghan. In the following piece, we will see the video interview between Callaghan and New York's prince Sebastien McRoy and Dante Tavolini. Not only would our viewers be seeing this for the first time so will Jeanie and I. Here we have the family's final word on the debacle the Hurst women began a week ago." Sandra said turning to a faraway monitor.

I didn't have to watch over the interview but I did anyway. Hearing how much pain I caused my best friend once again made the guilt ten times worse. It was wrong of me to go after his fiancé but Veronica was so alluring. I thought of her as a victim of Sebastien's workaholic ways but looking back I saw how she played the lonely girlfriend card well. Not only was she getting expensive gifts and trips from Seb, but she also did too from me and a few others. I was infatuated with her which I confused with love. Sebastien didn't deserve the betrayal but I'm truly happy for him. He now has a beautiful woman by his side who was independent in her own way and loved him for him. Looking down at Dane I silently prayed for a woman like that, a mother for my son, and a secure future for us.

"Daddy that's you," Dane exclaimed pointing at the tv. I chuckled at the awe he had on his face listening to the tv report. The video then turned to Sebastien, "Uncle Seb." he gasped jumping up and down holding the Paw Patrol toy that was given to him. I had my best friend back, just hearing how excited my son was to see him again confirmed that things will be good. At that moment my phone rang, "What's your decision?"

No greetings, straight to the point. In the background, I heard the ringing of a phone and a woman giving orders with a few male responses. "Couldn't wait huh?" I asked stepping out onto the balcony.

"Securing a future." was all he said. I chuckled while admiring how the waves crashed on the shore and families played together on the sand. San Diego was a good decision I made, Dane loved it here and I felt free from the crap in New York. I will be a fool to pass on this opportunity.

"I'll do it."

"Great. Annalisa will be out there in a day for you two to scout the perfect location. She knows you're spearheading this project. I will email you the documents and best of luck D. It took a while but you're there." Sebastien said. I understood what he meant, this was planned since we were kids. Expanding MacTech with me running one of the new offices was becoming a reality.