11.

Sebastien & Becca

"Is she alright? The chopper is waiting."

Sebastien held onto Becca tighter just as Annalisa came hurriedly out of the car with a foreign expression on her face. For a second he noticed how she was open to Becca than to others besides himself, he felt proud that his good friend approved of the woman he wanted in his life. Becca still hasn't said a word. They were all at the back of his town car speeding to the private airstrip his pilot found. In the darkness of the car, he only heard the soft rumbling of the car and his assistant's fingers tapping away on her keyboard. Becca shifted slightly in his arms only to bury her face deeper into his chest, he froze when he felt the moisture seeping through his shirt. She was crying again. He was torn. What was wrong with the bright positive girl he kissed goodbye this morning? Someone took away his sunshine's rays and he wanted to know who they were. "Sweetheart." The endearment was a whisper against her ear which surprisingly comforted her momentarily. Sebastien said nothing after that tiny show of affection to her, he allowed her to seek comfort in the silence.

Reaching the airstrip, he shielded her from the cold winds as they ran to the awaiting chopper. Not wanting to have any distance between them Sebastien kept her close throughout the ride. He treated her like his most treasured piece of porcelain. It brought more tears to Becca's eyes to be on the receiving end of his care when she still longed for her mother's. She knew she had to close that major chapter in her life due to the request but how can one forget their family.

"We are home now. How about a warm bath and some dinner? I ordered something simple. I hope you like it." Sebastien said softly in her ear as the chopper landed on the hotel's helipad. She didn't respond verbally but by her pleased smile, he knew her answer. Annalisa glanced over her shoulder at Becca wondering what happened. All three made their way down to the penthouse to be greeted by the hotel manager. "Rebecca. Thank heavens you're alright." he gushed holding her hands warmly.

"I-I'm sorry sir. I know I should have called but... I lost track of time... This is... I..." she was struggling to make some sort of apology but both Mr. Raymond and Sebastien saw how affected she was. The light in her eyes was dull, the smile that showed who she really was disappeared. "It's quite alright. You have some rest. Under my orders take a couple of days off. You need it." Raymond said.

"No. No. That's not necessary. I'm... I'll be fine." she protested.

"Sweetheart you know that's not the truth," Sebastien said cautiously. Tears were once again in her eyes, Sebastien's heart sank, feeling helpless not knowing what to do. Raymond gave her a sympathetic smile before leaving the apartment.

Becca was led to the bedroom in silence. She sat on the bed staring blankly at the farther wall while Sebastien fixed her a bath. Finished with his job, he returned to her, coaxing her into the tub. He didn't move while she undressed before she slides into the warm jasmine-filled bath. She simply laid her head on the neck towel looking out the large window. They both stayed in silence going over their thoughts, one was thinking of things that may have happened, while the other wanted the thoughts gone.

"Sebastien. I'm not hungry. Also, I want to be alone for a few minutes. I will meet you in the room." Becca said so softly that Sebastien nearly missed it. He said nothing but simply kissed her head praying that she will be alright. He hesitated at the door wanting to go back to her and hold her in his arms. He wanted to protect her even if she was strong on her own. "You do know I'll be there for you just as you're doing for me. You do know that right?" he said over his shoulder. The sloshing of water told him she was moving in the tub, "I know and I'm so thankful for that." she replied. Sebastien's hand tightened around the doorknob hearing the break in her voice. When he stepped out of the room it was then he heard her give in to the sob, he wanted to run back to her but he respected her wishes in leaving her be.