19.

Sebastien

"This is all personal, Sebastien. Are you okay with the public knowing?"

I paced the floor, feeling the eyes of my parents and Dante on me when Mike asked the question. Currently, I was back in New York but at my parents' estate in the gated community. Dante was on a joined video call with Mike Callaghan waiting for my answer. It was his idea to do this confidentially before Veronica makes her next move. It was a tell-all opportunity that any entertainment reporter will love to have but we only trusted one, Mike Callaghan.

"I am. This has been the plan all along but I needed to be ready to confront Dante. We all need this, I just hate that it will be so public. She started this way and so it will end. I won't allow her to break our family name. Do you know how embarrassing it was to have this bad media on myself much less my family? If father didn't know of her he will be so furious at me that he will strip my title. That's what they wanted but we won't satisfy their delusional expectations. After this, there won't be another one. This new relationship I now have won't be in the public eye. Becca understands what has been happening but I see how uncomfortable it is for her when she reads these articles. I want her to be happy to be with me."

Mike gave me a smile while nodding his head in agreement, "Understood. I can assure you after this debacle, my team and I are out of your love life. I hope the others do also but I'm afraid they won't. You are back in the states, taking over the empire and now having a nameless girlfriend. That's a lot, Seb. Every step you take will be watched." he explained.

"He's aware of it all Mike. My Sebastien knows what he's doing and his mother and I support him all the way. We appreciate how loyal you are to our family and thank you for everything." My father stated with pride. I knew whatever I did whether it was sports or academics my father was proud of me but to hear him say that gave me so much confidence to go ahead with this plan. Looking up at Dante I saw the light in his eyes died, hours earlier I saw the traces of the man I called my best friend. He was enthusiastic, proudly telling me of his son, I saw the love he had for Dane when he introduced me to his miniature look alike but now, he was back to the shell of himself. I came to the conclusion of why and changed the topic immediately.

After finalizing the private interview and a one-on-one talk with Dante, I was left alone with my parents. My mother came and sat beside me on the love seat giving me a hug which took away the tension I had during the interview. "Thank you, mother," I said accepting her kiss on my head.

"I want you to be happy just like your father and I.," she said with a smile. "I am. Truly. I love her and she loves me. I can feel it and so can she. It's so amazing. The past few mornings waking up I was scared to look next to me in fear that it's all a dream, that she isn't real." My parents and I have always been open with each other and to tell them my thoughts wasn't something new.

"I understand. It was the same with me when I first met your mother. Afraid she will leave my life forever I asked her to marry me right away. My parents were livid at how fast I proposed and the fact that she was an American Art Student. They threatened to disown me but I still proceeded with marrying your mother. They were still stuck in aristocracy but I wasn't, I needed my Sarah." My father said each word with honesty and so much love for my mother. I caught a blush on her cheeks as my father kept her in his gaze. I was always in awe of them while growing up, I wanted a love like theirs, and now... I do.

"And I need my Becca," I said grinning at them both.

I didn't have to say much they knew what I meant. "I just can't wait to meet her." mother squealed bouncing on her seat. There wasn't much to say or do than laugh at her girlish antics. This was my mother. Beautiful. Carefree. Loving and kind. "Alright, I have to go. I know she's waiting for me." I said hugging them both. Thinking of Becca I realized apart from mandatory dinners, we've created a few routines. That meant something, I know it did. "You both will see her this weekend. Be good." I said leaving them both now cuddled together on the loveseat. Years from now I wanted to be just like that with Becca.