13.

MacTech Headquarters, New York City.

Becca

I was nervous. 

Nervous and Nauseous. 

Nervous, Nauseous, and excited. The cab came to a stop at the stairs of one of the tallest office buildings in New York. It screamed power and dominance in the tech world. I climbed the stairs, carefully taking in the modern architecture and the many people bustling in and out of the lobby just ahead of me. I took note of how they all walked with purpose as they talked and texted while on their way. Taking the last step towards the large automatic glass door, I gave myself a quick once over in my reflection. Wanting to be casual yet fashionable I opted for a white lace shift dress pairing it with bronze-gold wedge shoes and gold accessories; wanting to please Sebastien badly even if just seeing my smile makes him happy. Going into the lobby I stuck out like a sore thumb, I was the brightest light in the world of dark business suits. Attention came my way making me even more nervous, wanting to be steered the right way I began to look for a security officer. Just my luck a middle-aged officer came strolling my way. "Good day miss. Welcome to MacTech. How can I help you?" he asked giving me a welcoming smile.

"Hello. I'm Rebecca Callum and I'm here to see Sebastien McRoy. He isn't expecting me. I'm a ..."

"That's quite alright. Let me escort you up," he replied cutting me off politely. "This is.... weird," I mumbled with furrowed brows. "Don't think much of it. Your name was added to Mr. McRoy's list of visitors on his first day on the job. To be honest we all were intrigued by that action. You're the only outsider that was added." he said with a wide grin.

"Oh, I'm just a friend." I lied somewhat. The urge to call him my boyfriend was there because that's what we were, our bond I must say was stronger than some new couples. We both wanted the best for each other and have that support.

"A very beautiful one at that," he commented causing a blush to stain my cheeks. On our ride up to the fiftieth floor, I was treated to the history of the company and its greatest highlights. Obviously, I asked a lot of questions which surprised the officer. He was happy to answer all. They reached the top floor where the officer finally offered his name to me. "Thank you for escorting me, Lovell," I said with a bright smile.

With a winning smile and the posture of a very proud man he relayed, "Anything for Mr. McRoy."

Stepping into the large foyer of Sebastien's office blew me away, it was bright and airy, looking up I found the source, a large skylight that was designed to follow the wide hallway. The pathway led me to a large reception desk that stood as an anchor to two hallways on either side of the desk. Both had frosted double doors with calligraphic designs stating which door is which.

"Can I help you?" the snobby voice of a female took my attention away from the beauty of the building's design. Before me, was a tall brunette with brown eyes standing visibly stiff as she looked down her nose at me. "Yes. I came by to visit Sebastien. Can you notify him that Becca is here?" I said with my head held high. I've dealt with a lot of these women. Most thrive in their position to be the snob, the bully, creating a facade that they were above all others. I was in a great mood and no woman who probably has her eyes on her boss will take it away.

"He's busy."

"Then notify him that I'm waiting," I said in an equally snobby tone keeping my gaze level with hers. I was quick to catch the once-over she gave me and the disgusted look. I decided to take a seat and wait on him, I was about to point out to Miss Priss that she forgot to do something when I heard a few male voices approaching the desk. The seating gave me a good view of the secretary, seeing her face light up I knew who was among the men. Being excited as well I simply stepped into sight, standing in front of Miss Priss. At first glance, I noticed Marlin who ironically did the same, "Miss Callum? So nice to see you again." he called out coming towards me to shake my hand. Sebastien was walking between two men who were talking a hundred miles per hour in his ear. At the mention of my name, he stopped in his tracks and look up from a document he was reading. Gone was the serious businessman I knew him to be, now the man I saw was my Tien.