18.

Sebastien

If anyone told me when I get back home I will find the real love of my life, I would have simply laughed. Never in my wildest daydreams, I would conjure up such beauty as my own. Standing over her, watching the first-morning sunlight stream through the window onto her messy red hair she was a vision. I couldn't resist taking a picture of her sleeping peacefully, naked under the sheets. Releasing a heavy sigh, I know I couldn't put off the inevitable I had to go to Dante. Face all of this head-on. Kneeling beside her in yesterday's suit and tired eyes, I gently caressed her cheek allowing my fingertips to brush over her pouty lips. With one finger I followed the curve of her pert nose then the curve of her jaw. Everything about her was delicate but the woman herself wasn't. My Becca was strong and resilient. She came into my life so suddenly full of questions, this personal goal to make me happy again. I just couldn't resist her and I'm glad not doing so. I smiled seeing a little smirk on her lips. Gently I placed a soft kiss on her cheek, grazing my lips across her soft skin to her lips. "I will be back soon sweetheart," I said against her lips.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, it was my cue to leave. Reluctantly I stood and turn away from her, "Tien?" I heard her sleepy voice call out to me.

"Go back to sleep baby."

"Be safe and I love you." she continued. It will never get old hearing her say that. "I love you too Becca."

The six-hour trip was a blessing in disguise; a hot shower and a good rest plus enough time to finalize some new deals. I decided to make the trip alone, with no one to remind me of what I'm about to do or anyone to disrupt my thinking. Getting the information I needed from Patrick was easy, he seemed highly bothered and worried about my old friend. This had me thinking, just what happened between Dante and Ronnie over the years. Looking out the window as my driver took me to his new home an inkling of worry was felt for him. After seeing and hearing about the real Veronica Hurst I tried to imagine the hell she probably put him through. I know he's now estranged from his family, the reports stated he wasn't working but his bank account had a substantial amount. His son was nearing four and was named Dane, haven't met either grandparent yet. That part was unacceptable. A child needs to know their family. Mitchell Tavolini, I recalled was a ball buster. Everything was to be done precisely and on time because making money was his top priority, it wasn't a surprise that he retaliated on his son after my father cut all ties with them. Going over what I've learned about him, the anger I've had for him for years somehow simmered down to a spark, now I was only feeling sympathy for the guy.

Taking in the beautiful scenery leading to Dante's new home had me making plans for the future with a certain redhead. The drive was a bit longer giving me some more time for a small nap.

"Mr. McRoy. We've arrived." my driver called out to me a while after. We were parked in front of a two-level villa, gated, and hearing the beach nearby I can tell the view was probably great. "Thank you. Pick me up in three hours." I returned looking at the residence.

"Very well."

Walking through the gate admiring the lush greenery and hearing the beach in the distance was comforting. Ringing the bell I took the time to actually admire the villa, Dante had a really great place to raise his son, pretty admirable of Maison. I was looking at the neighboring villas when the door opened, "How can I...." His words died when I turned around fully, his body became tense instantly. "Seb? W-what are you doing here? I mean.. wow." He was flustered and both of us knew why.

"Hey D. Long time no see."

"Uh yeah. No offense dude but why are you here? In San Diego to be exact. We didn't part ways on good terms." he said folding his arms looking me square in the eye.