and then there was darkness::5

There's a light tapping on the door and my eyes snap to it. I've been sitting here for about an hour, just messing around with my hair and looking at the bottles of pills in the cabinet.

With an inhale of air, I step closer, opening the door.

My eyes drift up to the tall, brown haired boy with soft pink lips, bright blue-green eyes and a genuine smile. "I wondered where you were hiding..." He says, leaning in the frame.

My eyes narrow slightly. "Yep." I say, popping the 'p'. "I wondered the same thing about an hour ago."

He pouts slightly. "Sorry... Myah told me you went to the washroom and never came back, so I came to look for you. I was setting up for after the parents leave." He smirks.

I furrow my brows. "Okay?" I say, stepping out of the washroom. "Have you seen Penny?"

His hand moves to block me against the door as it closes behind me. "Are you mad at me?" He says, sounding astounded.

I sigh, "No. I'm just a little nervous..." I say, looking down at my feet as his arm makes me blush crazily. The scent of his cologne hits my nose, making my skin tingle with pleasure. I want to kiss him. "I mean, I don't know anybody here and you and Penny kind of left me."

He nods slowly, "Okay, that's a fair call. I'm sorry for doing that..." He says, dropping his arm. "Do you want to come out to the pool? Penny and Adam are out there..."

I nod aswell, "Okay. I'd rather be with the people I know." I say, letting him lead me down the stairs, through the archway and out the back to the pool area.

Trees line the back fence where the grass is slightly darker green. The pool is set to the left side with a huge pool house beside it. In the pool house is many TV's, a CD player and some lounges. I look around as he leads me toward Penny and Adam.

"Did you bring your swimsuit?" He asks as we approach them.

I shake my head. "No, I didn't know we'd be swimming, Penny didn't tell me."

He sighs, "Well, Myah might lend you some." He says, "We'll all be swimming once Mom and Greg leave."

My eyes look over to Penny, sitting on Adams lap at the poolside.

"Lauren!" She calls, a smile on her pretty face. "Sit here with us!"

I look across at Jason. "I'll catch up with you..." He says, stopping beside a blonde girl in a bikini.

I feel a ping of jealousy but I continue, sitting beside Penny and Adam on the pool chair.

"You didn't tell me we'd be swimming..." I say accusingly, a hint of laughter.

She chuckles, "You know, I might not even swim..." She says, "I didn't want to be alone if I sat out."

I groan, "But if you do decide to, I will be the one sitting alone!" I whisper yell.

"Dude," Adam interrupts, "If its that bigger problem, I can take you home to get it." He says, rolling his eyes.

I'm taken aback, looking at him and then Penny.

"I'm sorry?" I say, looking back at him, "I was only joking, need you be so rude?"

He scoffs, lifting Penny off his lap and then he storms off.

I watch him march away, shaking his head. My eyes stop as they pass Jason, staring at me and Penny with confusion. He excuses himself and walks toward us.

"Sorry Lauren, I know you were only joking but Adam's in a bad mood..." Penny says, her voice apologetic.

"What happened?" Jason's concerned voice says.