Chapter 19

Middle Finger, Bohnes

Quote;

You only live once in this world,
So make the best of it while you can.

Chapter 19.

 "Thanks for coming out with me, I really like spending time with you." Brad greets, opening the door for me on my way into the mall. "Is there a certain place you had in mind?"

Grabbing his arm, I practically drag Brad over to Yummy Japan. Shifting from one foot to the other as the people in front of us order, I turn my head and notice Brad watching me. Raising a brow, he shakes his head, biting his lip.

After we order and our food is made, Brad and I take a seat at the nearest table. The two of us eat in a comfortable silence, something I've never done with anyone because it felt strange. But with him, it felt nice.

Brad clears his throat, wiping his hands with a napkin. "So um, how has school been going for you so far?"

"Small talk, really?"

He gives a lopsided grin, cocking his head slightly. "Okay, okay, why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself. I want to get to know you."

"You know all there is to know."

After all apparently everybody "knows about what happened. Violet did well making sure everybody knew how a girl like you can't keep a guy if your life depended on it."

He closes his container, resting his elbows on the table. "What exactly do I know?"

"Sorry right now I'm just.. forget it. I'm not into sports or anything involving exercise. I will be seventeen in March, laziest person on the planet, and I'm a professional procrastinator." I remark, sounding a lot more serious than my words actually sound. "Totally amazing right, all of these brilliant qualities of mine."

"Oh definitely!"

Giggling, my mood begins to lift. "So tell me about yourself, how'd you become so interested in sports? Anyone else in your family play on any teams or something?"

We talk like this for what feels like forever, I never knew someone can be so easy to talk to. Of course I didn't open up or anything about personal issues, but it's the first time in a long time a person has ever asked me about myself. It's a really nice feeling. It seems like he actually cares. Maybe he does..

The day goes by pretty quickly, despite me not wanting it to end. Brad grabs my hand and tugs me into the arcade, children and adults wander around aimlessly. The sound of music and the sight of colorful lights gives me a headache. Brad, not taking any notice of my state, tugs me to the back of the arcade.

He puts in a nickle and I point to the teddy bear I want. Despite picking it up multiple times, the teddy bear falls back onto the pile of plush toys. Failing to stifle my laughter at his annoyed mannerism, I gesture for him to move over.

I got it on my first try.

Brad huffs and I hold the teddy bear out to him, after some convincing, he takes it from me. Putting an arm around my shoulder we walk around, stopping to play a few games and from time to time challenging one another. I've never had this much fun in a long time.

Walking out of the mall hand in hand, the teddy bear tucked under his arm, he smiles in my direction as he takes me to my car. Turning to face him I hesitantly pull him into a hug, one that lasts a lot longer than expected. Pulling away, I feel my cheeks begin to warm up.

"I've never had this much fun on a date before."

"Neither have I."

Okay.. so maybe it was a date after all.

 Throwing a blanket over Dad, I clean the trash off the floor and rinse out his empty beer bottles

 Throwing a blanket over Dad, I clean the trash off the floor and rinse out his empty beer bottles. Quietly tiptoeing up the stairs and into my room, I close the door behind me. Smiling, I call Paige back and tell her everything about my date.

"This is great news, so this means you're over Sebastian, right?"

I scratch the back of my neck, staring in the mirror. "Not.. not necessarily."

"What do you mean?!" She hollers into the phone, "He cheated on you! Brad is perfecto, just date him and then everything will work itself out. No need to think about that mentiroso bastardo!"

I know what elective I'm taking next year.

"Just think about it!" Paige begs, "This could be just what you need."

"I don't know.."

Paige scoffs, "When have I ever been wrong about something.. don't answer that."

Laughing, I continue to talk to her for about an hour and then I hang up. Is a rebound really what I need right now? That's not going to get rid of my thoughts of Sebastian. Of all of the memories, all of those special moments between us that now are nothing but lies. A new guy in my life won't change that, can't erase that.

But perhaps it'll do me some good..

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me. Do you think Isaac was
out of line?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

\Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤