Chapter 42

Piece By Piece, Kelly Clarkson

Quote;

The only person that can set us free,
Is the person you see in the mirror.

Chapter 42.
       Isaac's POV.

Entering my apartment I toss my backpack onto the floor and head over to the sofa. Trevor follows after me, he stuffs the rest of the cheeseburger into his mouth. Pulling out a cigarette, he lights one.

"What up with you, you been out of it?"

I shake my head, running my fingers through my hair slowly. "It's Noelle."

"Y'all at it or somethin'?"

I purse my lips, rubbing the palms of my hands on my jeans. "No, far from it." I need to learn self control when around her, this is the first time I've felt this way about anyone before.

"I uh, kissed her."

Just as Trevor gulps down his drink, he begins choking, his eyes widen. "Y-you kissed her?" He coughs, setting the cigarette on the table in front of us.

"Yes." I heave out slowly and he stares at me in disbelief.

He wiggles his eyebrows, clapping me on the back. "Thought you weren't into her?"

"Shut up."

"You gotta tell me everything now, leave out no details." Trevor insists.

She's too good for me.

I begin with the kiss at the cemetery, my response outside the tattoo shop, and yesterday. Just like he asked, I left out no details, okay, well, I didn't tell him the entire details of the kiss. That would've been weird.

Trevor raises a brow, "Wait, so what tattoo did you get?"

"Is that the only question you have right now?" I snap, snatching the drink away from him.

"Don't get all upset with me 'cause you ain't steppin' up and confessin' your feelings."

Rolling up my sleeve I show him the one dedicated to Gavin, and then the one on my wrist. I swear to you, I'm not lying when I say his entire face practically lights up with an enthusiasm I've never seen from him. He's too much for me sometimes.

"Be honest, you really like her."

"No." I state simply and Trevor rolls his eyes.

"Uh huh, well if you can't tell her in person, why don't you write it down. That is, if you actually have feelins' for her, but if not what's the point." He implies, putting the cigarette back in his mouth.

I really hate him. But I might just do that..

Trevor cocks his head slightly to the side, "So, what she like when she wasted?"

I chuckle, "More bubbly than usual, she even talks in third person.. It was kind of, cute."

He chuckles at that, taking a sip from the cup and I shrug. "She was a little confusing though, funny nonetheless."

Is that her real personality behind the aggression and stubbornness, is that really who she is?If so, I like that Noelle, as much as I adore this one. Everything about her is unique, that's what makes her beautiful, a gorgeous terrain on the cloudiest of days. Nothing but an imperfectly perfect masterpiece, a resilient girl who rarely takes no for an answer.

A girl, who chases bad.

Noelle's POV.

    Quickly closing my locker door, I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to see Isaac standing there. Noticing a paper in his hands I raise a single brow, beads of sweat on his forehead. What happened now?

"What's wrong, you don't look too hot?"

He holds out a folder piece of paper, avoiding my gaze. "I made something for you."

Gingerly taking the folded piece of paper out of his hand, I unfold it. Glancing in his direction, he rubs his hands together nervously and my anxiety grows. It's not anything bad, if it was, he would've just said it.. not put it on paper, right?

Chasing Bad

Stolen Kisses, Drunken Nights..
You made everything feel just right.

Argued by day and made up by night,
You lit this heart made of dynamite.

Just one day and you're in my life,
Who knew I would fall this much.

I didn't know admitting would be this rough, I no longer feel so tough.

You pieced my heart back in two,
So the least I can do is say is
thank you.

Though it's still torn apart,
You somehow stole my heart.

Though your heart is broken too,
And you hurt everyday just like I do.

Your walls have fallen down,
What a beautiful mess I've made.

All there's left of you,
Is the most beautiful tragedy.

All because you started,
Chasing bad.

  My eyes keep wandering over the last two words, Chasing bad. A surge of happiness engulfs me and I can't help but throw my arms around him. Nobody has ever done anything this sweet for me.

You somehow stole my heart. Does Isaac.. Does he like me? Okay, stupid question, pull yourself together.

Pulling away from him he slowly moves his arms from around the small of my back, "I'm glad you like it."

He stuffs his hands in his pockets, "I should get to third period, you should too."

Nodding slowly I can feel tears pricking at my eyes, but I quickly fight them back. A soft smile forms on my face as he walks past me, gently folding the poem, I tuck the paper away in my pocket. Is the most beautiful tragedy.

F*ck, I like Isaac.

____________

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you guys think of Isaac's little poem?

Sorry for the wait, hope it was definitely worth it!

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤