Chapter 49

If This Is Love, Ruth B

Quote;

Sometimes you have to stare,
Just to see how beautiful you are.

Chapter 49.

 As he continues to hold me, I slowly wrap my arms around him, and Isaac pulls me closer. "I'm tired of losing people, I don't want to lose you too."

"Isaac-"

Letting go of me, Isaac laces his fingers with mine, placing his hand on my cheek. "You didn't mean any of that, right?" He murmurs, staring at me intently.

"No, it's just that I'm so tired of all of this."

"I'm sorry, okay? I just wished you would've stayed."

"If you wanted me to stay so bad then why didn't you just tell me that, instead you told me to go. That you would be fine."

Isaac takes a deep breath, "I waited, I just wanted to see if you'd come back through that door and notice there was something wrong.. But you didn't." He bites his lip, "So yeah, I convinced myself you didn't care and to get my mind off of things I wanted to do something stupid."

Isaac rubs his jaw, "Look, I don't like feeling this way, I've never felt like this for anyone and it's really hard for me. I depend on you a lot actually, and I'm trying so hard not to but.. you're there for me, even during the hard times. I-I need that.. I need you."

"Isaac-"

"I don't know how I feel about you, whether it's just a crush or much more than that but I'm going to try and figure it out for us." Isaac states. Opening my mouth to speak he continues talking, "I am willing to be just friends if that's what you want from me, I'll try my best to control my jealousy and-"

"Isaac shut up for like two seconds your rambling is adorable, but give it a rest." Shifting from one foot to the other, I stare at our hands. "I like you, I don't know how clear I can make that. But you're constantly getting upset over little things. Yeah I know Brad likes me, and for a short time I thought I liked him too.. But spending all this time with you has.. you don't have anything to worry about. I'm not going anywhere. I don't know what we are, or if we'll ever be anything.. but what matters right now is the present, and I'm sure of what I feel for you now.."

Isaac stays quiet for a while, reflecting on everything I've said. "You're sure of what you feel, but I'm not."

My face falls at that and he steps closer, leaning his forehead gently against mine. "I intend to figure it out."

Hopefully.

"Just try to keep your jealousy to a minimum." I tease, a small smirk playing at the edge of my lips.

"Ever heard the saying don't make promises you can't keep?"

"Aw, how cute!" Trevor coos, closing the door behind him.

Both of our heads turn in his direction, and he chuckles. "Don't let me stop ya, y'all lovebirds keep talkin' I'm gonna head into the back." Trevor winks, opening Isaac's bedroom door. "Y'all keep it down though, you got protection right, Isaac?"

If my face wasn't red before, it's definitely red now.

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you guys think
of this story so far?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Tomorrow might be the last chapter and then a teaser
of the Sequel.

Not quite sure, I might
extend it a bit.

Two chapters :P I felt a little generous today so why not!

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤