Chapter 43

I Wouldn't Mind, He Is We

Quote;

In this hatred filled world,
We need to be the ones with love.

Chapter 43.

 12:30 am - "Hey Noelle, it's me Cathy. I just wanted to let you know that um, I'll just stay at my place and come check in with you every now and again. I understand you want your space, I've been there before. I understand that better than anyone, give me a call though, if you want to talk. I'm here for you!"

After listening to the voicemail one last time, I turn off my phone. I don't even wanna think about her right now. I'm just happy that I have the house to myself.

"Embrace your inner child, Isaac!" I encourage as he steps out of his car, stalking over to me, exhausted.

He glares at me, pinching the bridge of his nose. "It's ten o'clock at night, and you called me to play in the rain?"

"Please, Isaac!" I say splashing in the nearest puddle, "Embrace your inner child!"

His eyes narrow, "We have school for the next three days, Noelle. I'm not getting sick because I was 'embracing my inner child'!"

"Isaac, you're such a downer. You need to live life on the edge, in a safe productive way." I conclude.

"Yes, because playing in the middle of the road with rain is definitely productive and safe."

Placing my hands on my hips I purse my lips, "For your information, this is productive! I splash puddles like a boss!

The rain begins to pour down harder and Isaac chuckles, gesturing to the falling rain. "Even mother nature doesn't agree with you."

"Fine then, go home." I insist calmly, turning away from him.

Suddenly water comes flying in my direction and I look down, another pair of feet had joined my puddle. How dare he. A grin spreads across my face as he grabs my hand, the both of us jumping up and down.

For a second we stop and stared at each other, I sweep the loose hair out of his face and he chuckles. Leaning his forehead gently on mine, he sighs. "You always have a way of making me feel bad, you know that?"

"It's a gift."

"Gavin loved playing in the rain, I would always watch him.. but I never joined." He says, trailing off.

"What if we do all of the things you never got to do in your childhood?!" I suggest. "I'm sure my friends would love to join us too, especially Heidi!"

A soft laugh escapes his lips at that and Isaac nods, "Yeah, I'd like that." I place my hands on the back of his neck. "We should go in now." I whisper, beginning to shiver.

Out of no where Isaac pulls me closer, only leaving a little space between the two of us. "I um, would like to hold you for a little longer.. like this."

My head rests on his shoulder, and I move closer so there's no space left between us. As my eyes close, I let the rain pour down harder on us. The sound of the rain, the darkening sky.. It all vanishes, it's just us.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket I could feel Isaac's eyes on me, I play a soft instrumental and the both of us gently sway together. This moment was something out of a movie, a story you'd read. But it was fun, it was stupid.. But sweet. Isaac's lips press softly against my forehead, and I sigh softly against the crook of his neck.

"Nothing is perfect," He murmurs. "But this night comes pretty close."

"H-how are you n-not sick?" Isaac says shivering with each word, his glares faltering with every movement

Wrapping a blanket around him, he picks up the cup of hot chocolate I made and he takes a long, drawn out sip. Setting the cup down on the table, Isaac bounces his leg up and down, teeth chattering. I flip through the channels and I occasionally catch him looking over at me, his eyes gleaming with a warmth that I've never seen before.

"Y-you know what, I don't think it's fair and I want you to be sick as well as me." He says abruptly, a mischievous grin playing on the edge of his lips.

I let out a loud shriek as he pulls me closer to him, Isaac quickly puts the blanket around the both of us. The both of us are trapped inside of its warmth, and I smirk. "Is this your excuse just to cuddle with me?"

"W-what if it is?"

Then I won't complain.

"Dang, what we got here?" Trevor chimes in, stifling his laughter.

Entering through the archway, if you can even call it that, he leans against the wall, arms crossed. "How cute, Isaac actually put on his big boy pants and fessed up to his feelins', adorable."

Isaac's ears turn a unique shade of pink and he looks away from me. Trevor arches a brow, moving further into the room. "So how you get sick, been coughin' all mornin' and it been gettin' on my nerves."

"A-ask this evi-evil w-witch!" He scowls, sneezing, letting me go.

"We played in the rain last night."

He laughs, shaking his head. "You actually got him to play outside?"

Isaac peeks his head out from the cover, "W-Watch it, I'm sick and you can be too!"

Trevor winks at me, the corners of his lips rising, giving him a smug look. "Better watch out for this one Elle, you got him wrapped around your lil finger."

I can't help but feel the same way..

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you guys think
of the story so far?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

7 chapters until the end.

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤