Chapter 47

Suffer, Get Scared

Quote;

Even the stars to shine bright,
Need to do so in the dark of night.

Chapter 47.

"Which star do you think he is?" Isaac whispers, gazing out the window.

Pointing towards a small star in the distance, "The smallest stars shine the brightest."

A faint smile forms on his face, and he chuckles lightly. "Yeah, they sure do."

"Don't let his death be in vain, always remember the good times you two have shared together." I encourage softly.

He runs his fingers through his hair, glimpsing in my direction. "Remember when you came to get him, he was so excited to see you had come with me."

"He was, wasn't he? Sweet kid."

"Wished I could've given him more.."

My eyes soften, placing a hand on top of his I smile. "How little he had didn't seem to bother him at all, what he cared about was you being there. That's real love."

All of a sudden he grabs my wrist, pulling me closer to him. "You're here with me, so you love me?"

"N-no, I-I-"

"You don't love me?"

"A-as a friend, n-not-"

He pecks my cheek, "Careful what you say, Elle. I might take it to heart."

I roll my eyes and he chuckles, letting me go I fall back onto the couch. I gaze out the window, the moon clearly visible. Isaac smirks. "You're a funny drunk, you know that?"

My eyes widened and he puts his fingers to his lips, "Don't tell Noelle, she won't have to know." He teases, laughing. I smack his shoulder and he smirks, winking at me. "You are quite the character when you're drunk." Rolling my eyes he raises a brow, "But I believe that bubbly personality I saw is the real you."

"It's who I used to be until.. I'm tired, we should go to sleep."

"Yeah, okay."

He slips off the couch, heading into the bedroom before reappearing with a blanket for me. I smile, curling up on the couch as he puts the blanket over me. Watching as he takes the other couch, I smile to myself before falling asleep.

 Watching as he takes the other couch, I smile to myself before falling asleep

Isaac's POV.

Downing the rest of the liquor, my nose wrinkles as it burns going down my throat. I shouldn't have told her that I'd be fine, I wish she would've stayed. Why can't she see how bad I need her, I told her to go, fooling myself into thinking she'd stay.

I hate that all because of her I feel like I have a reason to get up. At first it was for Gavin, and now, with him gone the only thing I look forward to is seeing her face. Hearing her laughter and the way her face lights up when she smiles.

Don't cut.

Don't drink.

Don't get arrested.

All because of a girl.

All because of her.

I wonder if she really believes I feel this way about her, whether or not she thinks these feelings are real. More than anything I want her to, but it isn't that easy.. It never will be. If it was, I'd be out with her right now instead of him.

Grabbing the nearest pillow, in a fit of rage I toss it at the wall. Out of nowhere a tear escapes my eye and I wipe it away, hating myself even more for feeling this way about her. The door to the room opens and I look up, my mood elevating at the thought of Noelle coming back here. Back to me.

Instead I meet meet Trevor's gaze and he lets out a low whistle, eyes wandering the room. "Look like someone threw a fit this mornin', what happen?"

"Nothing, what do you want?"

He rolls his eyes, "Well I was 'bout to head out, wanna join?"

"Yeah." I could use the distraction.

"Where Nicole at?" He questions.

"Her name is Noelle," I snap, rummaging around in the nearest drawer for my pack of cigarettes. "She's out with Brad."

Trevor, taking notice, tosses me a pack. "That why you in here actin' all moody and sh*t."

"I'm not!"

"Uh huh, sure." Trevor remarks, shaking his head. "You really feel for her, huh?"

Scratching the back of my neck, I fumble with the pack of cigarettes. "Yeah, I do."

But I keep questioning whether or not she really feels the same way about me.

___________

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you guys think
of Isaac's little breakdown?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

Have a Glamerous day!

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤