Chapter 45

Bleak December, Set It Off

Quote;

You can't feel real happiness,
Unless you've experienced pain.

Chapter 45.

As we near the rink, Heidi sits at one of the tables and starts pulling off her shoes. Paige and I do the same thing, changing into our roller skates. Marcus begins to head away from us and my head snaps in his direction. "Where are you going?"

He turns to look at me, "I don't skate, I'm going to get some nachos and watch you guys fall like the good friend I know I am.

Rolling my eyes as he hurries away I chuckle, tying the other skate I stand up. Almost losing my balance I use the table to help me keep steady, Brad rolls over to me and raises a brow curiously. "Need some help?"

I nod, grabbing a hold of both of his hands a faint smile forms on Brad's face. Trevor walks over towards us, his gaze drifting towards me. "Fun fact, I have no clue how to skate so-"

A thump catches our attention as Heidi falls on the floor, Trevor chuckles and she blushes. "I can teach you." She offers sheepishly.

Trevor helps her up and Heidi pulls away, smiling. "It isn't that hard, kind of like ice skating but with wheels." He stares blankly at her and she pinches the bridge of her nose and they both head off to get him his skates.

I avert my gaze from them back to Brad, "Hey, I'll meet you on the rink. I have to go check on Isaac." A small look of disappointment forms on his face, but it quickly dissolve into his usual smile.

"Yeah, okay."

I skate past him and towards Isaac who is leaning against the railing, his eyes wandering over the people skating. Stumbling over to him, I catch his attention. "I'm not skating."

Of course he isn't.

Sighing, I cross my arms and go to stand right next to him. "Why not?"

"That's not my thing, I'd rather just stay here. Go skate with Brad."

A frown forms on my face as I look at him, "Are you seriously jealous right now?"

He chuckles humorlessly, "Don't flatter yourself, I'm not jealous. Now go have fun with Brad."

You know what, I will have fun with Brad. Whatever has gotten into Isaac I hope it blows over, because if his attitude returns.. we're going to have a problem.

Skating towards Brad, he smiles upon seeing me. I grin, "You ready?"

He raises a brow, "What about Isaac?"

I roll my eyes, "He's being a jerk, let's just have a good time. I'm not letting him spoil my mood today."

Brad chuckles at that and we head off around the ring, Brad raises a brow. "Who taught you to skate?"

I smile at the memory, "My dad, he really loved it. Always went every Saturday with my mom when I was little."

He chuckles, "Sounds like they had a good time."

I smirk, "Nah, she hated it. Only did it because she loved seeing him happy, according to her he's majestic."

Brad laughs at that and I raise a brow, "Want to race, may the best man win?"

He smirks, "Always knew you weren't a female."

"So you got jokes?" I tease playfully.

Brad winks, "Maybe."

"Meet back here, the loser has to pay for the winners meals for the rest of the day."

A smirk forms on his face, "Then I might as well get a head start, I'm getting really hungry."

"Why you-" And he takes off.

I end up chasing him instead of us actually racing, Brad seemed to enjoy seeing me trip over my feet. He's worse than Marcus. Ending up taking a break near the railing, we watch the others skate around. Brad watches in amusement as I catch my breath ever so slowly, I hate exercise with a passion.

"It's already enough work lifting food into my mouth, how much workout time does a person need?" I exclaim exasperated. "I could really go for some barbecue right now."

He laughs and I smirk, "What, a girl gotta eat!"

Brad chuckles, "I'm going to see what there is on the menu, catch up with you in a bit?"

I nod in agreement as he heads off, beaming. From the corner of my eye I spot Isaac, on his phone. There's no use in talking to him, it's obvious from our last little chat he doesn't want to be near me. Biting down on my bottom lip, I suck up my pride.. Maybe.. Just maybe he'll listen to me. I slowly skate over to him, leaning against the railing his eyes flickered towards mine.

"What?"

"Why are you so upset with me?" I ask, brows drew together. "The only reason we're here is for you and Trevor to have a little bit of fun. The least you can do is be a little grateful."

His jaw clenches slightly, a slow twitch beginning to occur. Without a single word Isaac turns and storms off, exiting the rolling rink. My frustrations get the better of me and I hurriedly take off my skates, rushing to put my shoes back on. Rushing after him I push open the door to see him halfway down the sidewalk.

"You're so selfish!" I holler, causing him to stop in his tracks. "I'm attempting to do something nice, and you decide to get jealous because of what - Brad?! Everyone else is in there enjoying themselves, and I want you to have fun as well! Is that something your incapable of doing, without breaking the law?"

Isaac turns back to me with a sharp glare, "First of all this isn't my idea of fun, and why would I be jealous? He can have you for all I care, you don't mean anything to me anyways! Second of all, I don't want you to do something nice for me.. I never asked for it. If you don't like how I act, then stay away from me!"

The both of us stand there in silence, and I take in every word he says. All of it being a stab to the heart, but I force myself to keep looking at him. His eyes are slightly glazed over and there's a redness about them that's odd, but I ignore it.

"Thanks for letting me know how you really feel."

"Noelle wait-"

Turning on my heel, I walk away from him with fresh tears brightly glistening in my eyes. I hear him call my name one last time, and I turn, a part of me hoping that this is an apology. That we can just chalk this up as another one of our arguments, but that isn't what happens.

He collapses.

____________

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, it really means a lot to
me! What do you guys think
happened to Isaac?

Can't wait to see all your comments and read all of your opinions.

5 more chapters left!

Have a Glamerous day!

Love you all.

( ˘ ³˘)❤